X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Hello everyone. Haven't posted on here in a while but it's been very hectic for me. After losing my job (was in the auto industry and got laid off, big surprise) and having to move to where I lived as a kid in North Carolina due to New England being a bit too expensive to live on unemployment. Well, long story short I lost my insurance too, which is my problem. I was supposed to do my last follow up 3 months ago, which makes almost 9 months since my last visit and now with no insurance I'm kind of lost. Plus I'm having other problems that are possibly related to the surgery and carbo so not sure what to do, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ben
    1-26-08 - Found lump on my birthday
    2-5-08 - Had left I/O, 100% seminoma, rete invasion
    4-4-08 - Decided on Tx of Carboplatin with Dr. at DFCI.
    4-15-08 - Meet with Med. Onc. locally and schedule Tx
    4-29-08 - First dose of carboplatin
    5-16-08 - Second and last dose of carbo!!!

The first thing I'd try is contacting LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare to get some help with finding a way to continue your follow-up care while you're out of work.
    Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

Also, this North Carolina guide: http://covertheuninsured.org/files/u...overage_14.pdf
      Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

Thank you Scott, I apprecaite it very much. I just filled out the form on the Livestrong site and checking out the other one now. Thank you!

Ben
        1-26-08 - Found lump on my birthday
        2-5-08 - Had left I/O, 100% seminoma, rete invasion
        4-4-08 - Decided on Tx of Carboplatin with Dr. at DFCI.
        4-15-08 - Meet with Med. Onc. locally and schedule Tx
        4-29-08 - First dose of carboplatin
        5-16-08 - Second and last dose of carbo!!!

Comment

Working...
        X