• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott
    Administrator
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by CancerSux View Post
    Kel thinks Fed and I should find Dr. E and take a picture with him.
    Can't wait to see that photo!
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Wesmom
      • Jul 2010

wesmom

I agree with eveyone else. Dr. E deserves the award. He's the best!
      Son Diagnosed 6/24/10
      Right I/O 6/28/10
      (65% Teratoma, 10% EC, 10% Yolk Sac, 10% Seminoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma)
      3XBEP 8/10-10/10
      RPLND 11/2/11 (cyst in right pelvic area was mature teratoma and lymph nodes were clear)

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

I've never talked to Dr E, but am thankful for his research that led to my successful treatment of my second TC. I was lucky to catch my first TC early enough 37 years ago to survive, not many TC patients did back then ( I may not be the oldest survivor on this forum, but not a lot of us with a first case at 20 that are here) .

My second time, I waited too long & had a lymph node involved, Dr E's 3xBEP knocked it out. It was not fun, but it worked, still NED two years after my last Bleo. Dr E's research is what turned the corner on TC & he deserves any award he gets for that.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• CancerSux
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Can't wait to see that photo!
          Arranging it now! Maybe even in front of either mine or Fed's poster? I feel like a school kid asking for a photo, but he is so gracious with his time and his fame.
          Tracy
          Cancer pharmacologist, caregiver blog here

Wife to Kel, dx 12/30/11 Stage IIIc (poor) embyronal, AFP 13700, 10x11 cm retroperitoneal mass, 1 cm^2 lung met
          Left I/O 12/31/10.
          4xBEP 1-4/11, AFP=22, 5*7 RP mass, tx failed
          1.5 x VeIP 5-6/11; tx failed, AFP/b-hCG rising
          Salvage RPLND @Indy 6/29/11, metastatic mixed germ cell tumor with yolk sac, seminoma and teratoma
          Remission! AFP steady since 9/2011; 2+ years ALL CLEAR

Comment

• zbot
            • Nov 2011

When I was diagnosed with a platinum-resistant nonseminoma tumor post RPLND BEP and TIP my local oncologist gave me a 20%-40% chance of survival. That was 4 months ago, I was 18, and my situation was very grim. Now my HCG is undetectable, my lung tumors have shrunk and I can look forward to a future that was once anything but certain. And it's because that December I became a patient of Dr. E. I thank him and all of the other doctors and nurses at the IU stem cell transplant ward for the terrific results i'm seeing today. No man is more deserving of recognition
            Kick testicular cancer in the balls
            9/2010 Pure Embryonal Carcinoma
            10/2010 right orchiectomy
            6/2011 HCG up to 300 6/27/2011 3XBEP
            7/2011 HCG up to 1500
            8/2011 HCG down to 6
            8/25/2011 mass in abdomen
            9/23/2011 RPLND
            11/2011 HCG up to 37 masses in lungs and lymphnodes 11/2011 1X TIP
            12/2011 HCG up to 400
            12/2011-1/2012 2x HDC carbo/etopiside with Dr. Einhorn 3/2012-5/29/2012 50mg oral etopiside
            1/2012-present HCG >0.5

Comment

• mahalomom
              • Jul 2008

I truly believe Dr. E is a saint!! We met him for a 2nd opinion regarding my son's case. Dr. E took so much time with us. He was kind and humble, direct and decisive. His knowledge truly changed the course of my son't treatment and life.. In my book he deserves every award under the sun!

Mary Ann
              CaregiverSon Josh 23yr Dx 3/5/08 IIIC NonSeminoma affected lung, kidney liver back & tumor/clots in vena cava & celiac artery 3/7/08 L I/O 3/30/08 PostOp surgery 4XEP (VP16 & Cisplatin) 3/12-5/25 LDH > 5000 & AFP 145 (3/5 pre-op) LDH 563 & AFP 4 (5/26 after 4Xchemo) off blood thinners 3/18/09 Surveillance per Dr E 8/4/08 *1/2012 ALL CLEAR!

Self 1/29/09 dx thyroid cancer metastasized to right lung 2/10 thyroid removd 4/17 rx RA131 5/11/10 &7/16/10. 1/12survellience

Comment

• Chris'Mom
                • Mar 2005

Thank you

Thanks to Dr. E...for all his work.....as a mom....I am thankful for the research that led to my son being seven years out this past March.....and today receiving perfect bloodwork results.....thank you.....to all the Doctors and their dedication and hard work...Mary Ellen

Comment

• CancerSux
                  • Apr 2011

Fed and I met with Dr. Einhorn today at my poster, took a great picture (to be posted later by one of us when we have access), and Fed is at his lecture, which is about to start!

He is a wonderful person.
                  Tracy
                  Cancer pharmacologist, caregiver blog here

Wife to Kel, dx 12/30/11 Stage IIIc (poor) embyronal, AFP 13700, 10x11 cm retroperitoneal mass, 1 cm^2 lung met
                  Left I/O 12/31/10.
                  4xBEP 1-4/11, AFP=22, 5*7 RP mass, tx failed
                  1.5 x VeIP 5-6/11; tx failed, AFP/b-hCG rising
                  Salvage RPLND @Indy 6/29/11, metastatic mixed germ cell tumor with yolk sac, seminoma and teratoma
                  Remission! AFP steady since 9/2011; 2+ years ALL CLEAR

Comment

• Scott
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by CancerSux View Post
                    ...took a great picture (to be posted later by one of us when we have access)...
                    I'm eager to see it!
                    Scott
                    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Fed
                      • Dec 2006

As promised. More when I return home from Chicago tomorrow.
                      Attached Files
                      "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
                      11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
                      12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

• Pattytricia
                        • Feb 2009

Love this picture. And the smiles!
                        Mother of a great son
                        Diagnosed Dec 2008, Stage III poor risk
                        4xBEP Jan - March 2009
                        RPLND - April 10, 2009
                        Reoccurence Sept 2009
                        4xTIP Jan 4 - March 30, 2010
                        Follow ups-Tumor markers, xrays/MRI's normal

Comment

• Fed
                          • Dec 2006

So a bit more detail here. Dr. Einhorn met Tracy and I at her poster during the meeting. He was extremely personable and cheerful. What I found the most striking is his genuine interest in people. I had only corresponded with him once while planning the meeting with Tracy, and I only mentioned briefly as a matter of introduction that I was a survivor. The first question he asked me was the history of my encounter with TC. He was interested in hearing about my experience and how I dealt with it just as if he were my own oncologist. He also gave mad props to the Forum, and he made special mention of our very own TC Destroyer as a valuable advocate for the cause and of his wife Lorinda as the epitome of a caregiver who went to bat with the proper knowledge and composure to take action in the face of a poor prognosis. It was, without a doubt, one of the highlights of the AACR Meeting this year.

I missed the first half of his lecture because I had to attend another seminar by a graduate student who has asked me to serve in her Ph.D. thesis committee, but what I caught was brilliant. Fortunately, his entire lecture will be available for anyone to view starting on April 30 at no charge. Once it is up, I will post a link on this thread so all can see.
                          "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
                          11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
                          12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

• Aegean
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2008

Too cool...
                            Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
                            Left I/O 11/25/08
                            Pathology: Seminoma, Stage 1
                            Surveillance: All Clear since

Comment

• Aegletes
                              • Mar 2008

I'm so happy Fed and Tracy got to spend some time with Dr. Einhorn and, above all, that he is so aware of this here forum. We're all fighting the same battle, after all, from different angles.
                              TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
                              TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

• TC Destroyer
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2009

I am happy you were able to experience Dr. E. I am sure you will never forget it. Did he bring me up or did you? I make mention of the forum every visit, though I don't know if he actually ever views it himself.
                                Diagnosed 4/17/08
                                Right orchiectomy 4/18/08
                                Pure choriocarcinoma; HCG 715,000; lungs, lymphnodes, liver, and random other places
                                4X VIP chemo at IU with Dr. Einhorn 4/25/08-7/4/08
                                HCG down to 7.2 10/28/08
                                HCG back up to 198 12/29/08
                                1 X PVB 1/2/09-1/6/09
                                2 X HDC w/ stem cell rescue 2/4/09-3/14/09
                                Follow-up with Dr. Einhorn 4/22/09
                                HCG 1.2
                                3 rounds, 21 days, twice daily, VP-16 50mg 4/24/09-7/10/09

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/johncovell

Comment

Working...
                                X