X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Team LIVESTRONG Rides

Registration opened today for the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge in Davis and Philly (details are still being finalized for Austin) and for LIVESTRONG teams in the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic and RAGBRAI!
    • Iron Horse Bicycle Classic, Durango, CO - May 25-27, 2013
    • Davis - June 23
    • RAGBRAI - July 21-27
    • Philly - August 17-18

Details are posted here: http://www.livestrong.org/Take-Actio...NG-Events/Ride

After years of toying with the idea, I finally committed myself to RAGBRAI this morning, to recognize my tenth cancer anniversary in 2013!

I also set up the Cyclists Combating Cancer team in Philly and welcome anyone interested to join.
    Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

RAGBRAI sure seems like a perfect way to celebrate a decade, Scott. 2013 is shaping up to be a tumultuous and difficult-to-plan year for me and Sean but I hope I can make Philly happen so I can join CCC again. Thanks for posting the link!

Alex
    TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
    TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Registration opened today for the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge in Davis and Philly (details are still being finalized for Austin) and for LIVESTRONG teams in the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic and RAGBRAI!
      • Iron Horse Bicycle Classic, Durango, CO - May 25-27, 2013
      • Davis - June 23
      • RAGBRAI - July 21-27
      • Philly - August 17-18

Details are posted here: http://www.livestrong.org/Take-Actio...NG-Events/Ride

After years of toying with the idea, I finally committed myself to RAGBRAI this morning, to recognize my tenth cancer anniversary in 2013!

I also set up the Cyclists Combating Cancer team in Philly and welcome anyone interested to join.
      Scott, Do you know what the discount schedule for joining a 2013 team is?
      (Is it $35 until 12/31 like previous years, then $50 in January?)
      Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
      Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
      The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

Originally posted by Already Bald View Post
        Scott, Do you know what the discount schedule for joining a 2013 team is?
        (Is it $35 until 12/31 like previous years, then $50 in January?)
        Registration for Philly is $35 for the ride or run/walk and $70 for both until 1/7/2013, then $45 for one or $75 for both. Also, 2012 participants should have received an e-mail with an additional $10 discount offer, good through 1/7/2013.
        right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

The Austin ride date was announced, too: 10/20/2013. Registration is $50 until 1/7/2013, then $60.

Comment

You can run for LIVESTRONG too!!!

In addition to the rides, LIVESTRONG has become an integral part of the "running" circuit. To that end, the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Series now encompasses other events. For those of us who have caught the running bug, we now have the 2013 LIVESTRONG Austin Marathon and Half Marathon which will take place on February 17, 2013. As all the LIVESTRONG events, the experience is phenomenal. The course is challenging, but the run support is outstanding. I ran the course earlier this year, and I will be there again in 7 weeks to try for a half marathon PR. My favorite part of the course is mile 9, which is dubbed the "yellow mile" for obvious reasons. Plus, Austin is a fun town with a great music scene and lots of great food and you get to hang out at LIVESTRONG HQ. It is definitely an experience to remember.
            "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
            11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
            12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Excellent point, Fed!

The full run/walk list is available here, and there are even a couple of triathlons, too.

Comment

The 2013 Already Balders

I think this is going to be a big year for our team. Come join!
                Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
                Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
                The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

Philly Hotels

Any new takers for the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Philly? You can ride, run, walk, or volunteer. Hotel reservation links are now posted.

Comment

How odd that the Double Tree is already coming up as sold out. I don't recall it ever being sold out so far in advance of the Challenge.
                    TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
                    TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

Originally posted by Aegletes View Post
                      How odd that the Double Tree is already coming up as sold out.
                      I'm seeing available rooms, with a two-night minimum stay. What did you enter as your check-in and checkout dates?

Comment

I tried with the default of 08/17 as well as 08/16. Both show the Double Tree as sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegletes View Post
                          I tried with the default of 08/17 as well as 08/16. Both show the Double Tree as sold out.
                          I'm showing a lot of rooms available -- you have to specify at least two nights, though. If you specify only one night, it does show up as "sold out."

John
                          JPM

March 2011: Right I/O, Stage IA classic seminoma, 5.0 x 4.5 x 3.5 cm
                          May 2011: Single-Agent Carboplatin
                          Currently ALL CLEAR

Comment

Originally posted by JPM View Post
                            I'm showing a lot of rooms available -- you have to specify at least two nights, though. If you specify only one night, it does show up as "sold out."

John
                            Apparently that's the case with the first four of them, all of which show no vacancies for one-night stays. It's a pity, as I think this is the first time such a requirement (two nights) has been in place. But at least there are other options further down the list. I'm looking forward to August already. Thanks for the link, Scott.

Comment

You can support Alex, one of the Already Balders, or me for the Challenge this weekend -- or if you're near Philly, join us!

Will other forum members be there?

Comment

Working...
                              X