I'll be in Philly Scott! See you there.
    Dx - 1/25/2010
    Lft. I/O - 1/27/2010
    Stage I (E.C. & Teratoma)
    Surveillance
    6/22/2010 - AFP elevated to 24.3, b-HCG up to 6
    7/8/2010 - Start 3xBEP - Changed to 4X after lung issues
    Diagnosed with "Growing Teratoma Syndrome"
    10/7/2010 - RPLND and teratoma removed from groin area.
    100 lymph nodes negative. Teratoma malignantly transformed into Carcinosarcoma. Onto Surveillance again.

Philly LiveStrong Challenge
    http://philly2011.livestrong.org/johnmiller

Comment

Originally posted by millerjnm View Post
      I'll be in Philly Scott! See you there.
      That's right, of course you will! See you there, John.
      Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

A little late with my support, but better late, right?? I will be there in spirit clapping you on, if not physically. Go team!
        Mother of a great son
        Diagnosed Dec 2008, Stage III poor risk
        4xBEP Jan - March 2009
        RPLND - April 10, 2009
        Reoccurence Sept 2009
        4xTIP Jan 4 - March 30, 2010
        Follow ups-Tumor markers, xrays/MRI's normal

Comment

Recognizing our forum and its members past and present

I arrived at the LIVESTRONG Village on the campus of Montgomery County Community College on Friday afternoon and one of my first orders of business was to leave cards honoring the fight or remembering the lives lost of many people. I also put up this card in honor of our forum family members, past and present, who have had to fight this disease or help a loved one facing it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dfb993f75bb6455b4a328bdce50b572c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1814

I'm back home now after meeting up with many friends and meeting some new people, including two very kind and thoughtful people from LIVESTRONG itself. And a personal triumph for me was running a personal best on the 10K course in just under 48 minutes. I caught up with a few fellow TC survivors, including Joe from Already Balders, but regret that I won't see Scott and other riders I know when they set off on their bike rides on Sunday morning. The atmosphere was great and I had the sense of being surrounded by people who were truly committed to the core set of goals of the Foundation to help people at various stages of cancer treatment and survivorship. For anyone here who is looking for a way to transform the terrible experience of cancer into something more positive by doing something for others, LIVESTRONG very much is something they should consider. This is my sixth Philadelphia Challenge since my second TC diagnosis and the fact that I keep feeling drawn back every year to participate and to fundraise for the organization says a lot about its power to turn surviving cancer into something empowering. Very best wishes to everyone riding on Sunday!

Alex
          TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
          TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

Working...
          X