X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Marathon 2013 Tragedy

By now I'm sure everybody has heard of the bombs detonated yesterday at the marathon finish line. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those killed and injured, their families and friends, and the supporters who cheer them on. We know two who ran this year, and fortunately neither were in the area at the time. A niece and friends attending college a few blocks away had just started walking toward the finish line when the bombs exploded.

We also know many forum members who have run in past years. A few years ago, a survivor and then GF and now wife carried a shirt signed by many in memory of a young man who had lost his battle against TC. We hope that if they were there this year, that they and their families are safe.

Paul
    "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
    Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

I was that person, Kev's Mom, 2006, carrying the signed shirt to give Kevin to carry across the finish line!! We were not far from there. It's where Kevin proposed to Melissa on that Finish Line! Our hearts are heavy for sure!

Comment

Working...
    X