Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bills, Keep Our Community Alive... (OUR MEMBERS ROCK!)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills, Keep Our Community Alive... (OUR MEMBERS ROCK!)

Hi All,

I just wanted to first let you know that personally I was released back to work after 3+ months sitting at home with a neck brace on (hard brace) 24/7. It was a nightmare. I have been taken out of the brace as my fractured facet on C4 is healing nicely. The Dr. would have liked me to take more time off, but financially I was in the ruins - literally.

I thought this month I wouldnt need to ask for a few donations to pay the server bill, but I do.. While back to work for 3 weeks now, I only got a partial paycheck last week, and have to wait until NEXT week for my first full check.

There has been several of you that have been the primary assist(ers) with the donations. One in particular (not sure if he wants me to say his name or not) has actually donated several hundred dollars. What I would like to see is more people step up with the smaller donations. $25/$50/$100 - whatever you can do. I need about $300 this month, only because I have to pay vBulletin $99 to renew the "support contract" on top of the server fees.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE HELPED UP KEEP THE "LIGHTS ON". There was a time when I thought that we were going to have to "go dark" for a month - but YOU GUYS AND GALS kept that from happening.

Anything you can do to help this month would be greatly appreciated. Cant wait until everything is "back on track" but its nice to know that you guys and gals are there to keep our wonderful community alive when I couldnt reach into my shallow pockets at all.

Use the paypal link on the front page of www.tc-cancer.com to make your donation. I will update this when we are "there" with the money. If you want public recognition, please let me know, otherwise I can post "ANONYMOUS" when I update this forum with the posters/donations. Drop me a line at james@tc-cancer.com and let me know if I can use your name or not.

Thanks again all!!
    James,
    Stage IIIa Seminoma
    4x BEP Completed 2/14/05
    james@tc-cancer.com

A big thanks to Conor and Bojan for your donations. We are about 1/4 of the way there guys and gals. Thanks to these two for supporting TC-Cancer!!!
    James,
    Stage IIIa Seminoma
    4x BEP Completed 2/14/05
    james@tc-cancer.com

Comment

I can only help with a smaller amount, but will send something now. As soon as at my son's TC bills are paid I hopefully can help more. Thank you for making such a great place of info and support. It's beyond appreciated.
      25yo son diagnosed 7-25-13
      Right I/O 7-31-13
      malignant mixed non-seminnomatous germ cell tumor w/invasion
      85% EC, 10% yolk sac & 5% mature teratoma
      Spread thru lymph nodes & lungs
      Started 3xBEP 08-05-13
      Pre-op AFP & bHCG in the 300's. After surgery rose into the 500's & 700''s.
      10-03-13 markers normal
      10-08-13 last day of chemo.
      Now under the care of Craig Nichols
      10-30-13 cat scan~ lungs are clear ~ one lymph node 1.4 cm
      RPLND 12-19-13~ teratoma found, no live cancer
      12-2014 all clear!
      07-2015 all clear!
      01-2016 all clear!
      07-2016 all clear!
      03-2017 all clear! (scan & bloodwork)

Comment

James, good to hear your progress, and thank you for your work.
        June 2013 - Right I/O - Tumor Markers normal July 2013 - 2 cm tumor - 100% classic Seminoma - no angiolymphatic invasion detected - Stage 1A July 2013 - Placed on active surveillance

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I wish I could take credit for the work, but more recently, we owe that thanks to all of our Admin's and Mod's. I might keep things going "technically", but this crew we have is AWESOME at keeping our forums clean, spam-free and organized.

A big huge thanks goes out to our supporting members, Julie, Matthew and........Jeff (a several time supporter). We all should thank these guys and gals who jump in to help our family out!

Remember, you do not need to break the bank if you want to help - any amount (at any time) is put to good use and keeps our community going. It simply gets put into our (now) dedicated PayPal account and I use the PayPal MasterCard (Debit Card) to pay the expenses.
          James,
          Stage IIIa Seminoma
          4x BEP Completed 2/14/05
          james@tc-cancer.com

Comment

I got an email or two asking for the donation link with PayPal - its on the homepage www.tc-cancer.com - but here is a direct link to it. Thanks again to all!!!

Last edited by James; 02-05-14, 09:36 PM.
            James,
            Stage IIIa Seminoma
            4x BEP Completed 2/14/05
            james@tc-cancer.com

Comment

A big thanks to Luis for your donation the other day. Every penny counts and we all appreciate it.
              James,
              Stage IIIa Seminoma
              4x BEP Completed 2/14/05
              james@tc-cancer.com

Comment

Happy to donate! These forums save lives. Don't know what I would have done without them.

Comment

Working...
                X