• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott
    Administrator
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
    where is the "reply with quote button?
    I'm using the Quote option right below your post to answer.

The buttons that allow quoting a post outside the site, or bolding txt, are hidden when they should be easily accessed.
    Gmail takes the same approach. Most people actually don't use formatting, but those controls are one click away.

I'm sorry you guys should take a look at PHPBB, it's free & it's what every other forum I'm on uses.
    Hope you'll give the new release a chance, and I hope we'll be able to take care of the remaining glitches!
    Last edited by Scott; 03-16-14, 08:06 AM.
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Scott
      Administrator
      • Jul 2003

Emoticons/smilies are broken.
      Scott
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Scott
        Administrator
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Emoticons/smilies are broken.
        I think I was able to fix that problem!
        Scott

Comment

• Davepet
          • Mar 2010

I'm using the Quote option right below your post to answer.

Gmail takes the same approach. Most people actually don't use formatting, but those controls are one click away.

Hope you'll give the new release a chance, and I hope we'll be able to take care of the remaining glitches!
          I swear that was not there yesterday ;o) I'll get used to it in time, I'm sure.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Davepet
            • Mar 2010

Is anyone getting email notifications of new posts in subscribed threads? I have not gotten any & There have been a number of posts that should have generated a notification.....

Comment

• Scott
              Administrator
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
              Is anyone getting email notifications of new posts in subscribed threads? I have not gotten any & There have been a number of posts that should have generated a notification.....
              I just got an email notification about your post. Do all your Notifications settings and Subscriptions in your profile look right?
              Scott

Comment

• Davepet
                • Mar 2010

It looks OK to me, b ut I am not being subscribed to new threads I post in. I've had to manually click the button. I can't find a setting to change it to auto-subscribe on threads I participate in.

Comment

• DoubleZero
                  • Aug 2010

Just a little issue I've noticed - the Forums link at the top doesn't work - it sends you to http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/ - which serves up a blank page, rather than http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/index.php which serves up the content.

Jan 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
                  Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
                  Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
                  Mar 2015: Five years "nut free"
                  http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

• jay_bee
                    • Feb 2013

This was mentioned before, but just wondering if there will be a fix regarding linking to the forums section using the tab at the top of the page. And did anyone ever figure out how much the new signature rules have changed? Not sure if the error messages when trying to change it are a glitch or if the sig just needs to be shorter. Thanks!
                    September 2011: Symptoms, US found a mass, right I/O
                    98% Seminoma (2% = possible early transformation to mixed choriocarcinoma)
                    Stage IIC (or is it IIIB??), "bulky": CT/PET showed 5 x 5.7 x 6.2cm abdominal mass
                    October 2011: Started 4xEP
                    January 2012: Finished chemo, abdominal mass down to 2.4 x 1.8
                    February 2012: Abdominal mass down to 1.3 x .8...unresponsive to PET
                    March 2012: Complete remission, started surveillance
                    March 2013: One year all clear
                    September 2013: 1.5 years all clear
                    March 2014: Two years all clear
                    September 2014: 2.5 years all clear

Comment

• Scott
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DoubleZero View Post
                      Just a little issue I've noticed - the Forums link at the top doesn't work - it sends you to http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/ - which serves up a blank page, rather than http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/index.php which serves up the content.
                      I know what needs to be done to fix it, but I don't currently have the privileges to remove the file that's causing the problem. Hope we can get that resolved for you all soon.
                      Scott

Comment

• Scott
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jay_bee View Post
                        This was mentioned before, but just wondering if there will be a fix regarding linking to the forums section using the tab at the top of the page. And did anyone ever figure out how much the new signature rules have changed? Not sure if the error messages when trying to change it are a glitch or if the sig just needs to be shorter. Thanks!
                        Looks as thought the default maximum signature length is 500 characters of text, or up to 1,000 characters including BB Code Markup. Do we need to bump that up a little?
                        Scott

Comment

• S P
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Looks as thought the default maximum signature length is 500 characters of text, or up to 1,000 characters including BB Code Markup. Do we need to bump that up a little?
                          Yessir!

Mine is currently 653 characters (703 with spaces), and hence it won't let me edit. I forget what the limit was before, but it was just enough to accommodate that!
                          Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
                          April is Testicular Cancer Awareness Month!
                          www.stevepake.com
                          Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
                          My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
                          C
                          ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

• Scott
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by S P View Post
                            Yessir!
                            I increased the limit, so you should be able to edit now. Let me know!
                            Scott

Comment

• Kiwi
                              • Jul 2008

Does not seem to reflecting the Threads that I have read?
                              >>>>>>>>>
                              TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
                              TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• Scott
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                                Does not seem to reflecting the Threads that I have read?
                                Kiwi, if you mean user signatures aren't showing up for you, did you follow the steps in post #9 in this conversation?
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X