Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technology advancements in the early detection and monitoring of cancer

Hi,

I just thought I would share with you all a very fascinating new initiative in progress which is to do with early detection and the monitoring of cancer.

I recently joined Livestrong's BigC - Competition as a mentor, and was matched with a guy called Krassen Dimitrov, Ph.D.

The product is called ‘Matrilyzer’ and he is looking for any support of the product which is currently in trial.

Matrilyzer is a mobile app and device that attaches to existing iPhones, iPods or iPads. It is designed for patients to monitor a substance in the body (an enzyme) called collagenase, which is released by existing tumor cells allowing them to spread to new parts of the body by breaking down the matrix that holds healthy cells together. Matrilyzer will enable patients to monitor their collagenase with one drop of blood, 3-4 times per week in just 3 minutes. It is currently the first product to have the potential to measure with high accuracy these levels.

Anyway, have a read of the following link...

http://www.medstartr.com/projects/349-matrilyzer
    Obviously such a device has the ability to impact all types of cancers, so feel free to spread the word around on any other cancer forum sites you may be apart of!

Thanks

22yr old from Australia

Jun 13 - right I/O (100% EC with no LVI - Stage 1)
    Jul 13 - Surveillance
    Nov 13 - CT scan - 23mm 'abnormality' in para-aortic region
    - PET scan confirmed recurrence
    Dec 13 - 4 x EP started (lung problems with BEP)
    Feb 14 - Follow up CT scan showed 20mm 'abnormality' (mostly cystic/fluid - less solid)
    Apr 14 - RPLND

Latest scan and biopsy results confirm no cancer - currently in remission.
Working...
X