• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    Administrator
    • Apr 2008

Celebrating Dr. Einhorn's 40th Anniversary Discovery

I am not attending but in Indiana there is a celebration tonight in honor of Dr. Einhorn's 40th anniversary discovery of the cisplatin-based chemotherapy regimen that has provided a cure to testicular cancer for so many. Since 23-year old John Cleland received the first infusion in September 1974 there have been thousands of us whose lives have been affected, for the better, by Dr. Einhorn's discovery. (John Cleland's story: http://www.curetoday.com/index.cfm/f...rticle_id/1105 )

I wanted to do something special for Dr. Einhorn and have made a blog post where survivors and those around them, can give thanks and share how his discovery has affected their lives. I am going to then assemble the messages into a non-branded book to deliver to Dr. Einhorn's office.

If you are interested, then see this link to submit your thoughts: http://www.testicularcancersocietybl...h-anniversary/

Thanks,
    Mike Craycraft
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.
  • Dook
    • Jun 2014

Hello Mike,

I just sent him a message to thanks him for all he (ans his colleagues) did for us, there are not enough words to say how much I am grateful.

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      • Apr 2008

Hi Dook,

That is very kind of you and I am sure he will appreciate your kind words. Just as an FYI, I would kind of like to throw out a word of caution that if we all send him emails his inbox is going to blow up. I know his recognition/celebration dinner is tonight so I am sure he is pretty slammed. I know he would appreciate each and every message and that is why I was just trying to provide a way for us to do that without overloading him and saving his inbox for those with clinical needs. Just my thoughts as a health care professional.
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      Surveillance...

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• Dook
        • Jun 2014

Mike,

Don't worry, I just sent him one message. in fact I did it before seeing your message. i wanted to thanks him because he answered me about one question I asked him today. And I left a mesage on the link you gave.

Comment

• Mike
          Administrator
          • Apr 2008

No worries. I just thought I would throw that out there just in case. With all the people on here and 300,000 survivors worldwide, and their supporters, he could have his inbox full in milliseconds.
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          Surveillance...

Comment

Working...
          X