X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worthless site now

For all the good this website is, it is worthless now, because of all the problems with the new format. Seriously it sucks, im at the point now where closing this worthless site would be better than trying and failing time after time to answer these guys questions. It makes it seem no one cares, so close this worthless formatted site so these guys can go elsewhere and not be disappointed by no one being able to answer their questions.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues and I can understand your frustration but with all of the collective knowledge on this site I believe it is far from worthless. I do realize there were issues after the site was hacked earlier this year and the platform was updated. In the last 10 days we have upgraded again to the most current version. If there are specific issues that you need addressed then please feel free to contact me in a private message or email me at mike[at]tc-cancer.com and we will do our best to get them resolved.

Thanks.
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

I've been frustrated, too, with my lack of access and capacity to address the issues. I'm grateful to Mike for stepping up.
      Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

The information is not worthless, just the formatting is usless.
        I've tried hitting contact us and it says I dont have access.
        I've tried posting and it either says I dont Have access or it says alert
        It only shows one or two topics from the forum screen. If I try and respond to someone's question that is not showing up it says "alert" after I spend a good deal of time trying to post a response.

dont get me wrong there is a wealth of info on here but at this point its worthless because people can not exchange information.
        Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
        Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
        Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
        Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
        April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
        May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
        August 7th 2012- BEP complete
        April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
        May 2013 RPLND
        Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
        Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
        Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
        Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
        Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
        Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
        Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
        Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

I agree there are glitches but I have not had any issues with posting lately. I have been able to send messages as well as post on the forums. And to get that info across to someone in need is in no way worthless.
          Heidi

Husband - age 51
          10/20/10 - Primary mediastinal seminoma - 10 x 9.3 cm; -HCG = 33 (<2.6); AFP = 3.5 (<9); LDH = 274 (100-200 )
          11/1/10 4X BEP
          12/7/10 End Cycle 2 - -HCG = 2; AFP = 4.6; LDH = 139 ; 4XBEP changed to 3 as tumor now 2.1 x 3.7 cm
          2/15/11 - Post-chemo PET ; residual 8 mm x 2 cm
          6/29/11 - Lung nodules stable or smaller, chest mass continues to shrink & markers all normal
          Surveillance since 6/11

Comment

the only issue i faced recently was that site is loging me out very quickly (approx in 1 min). but the good thing is that as soon as i log in again, i can use my saved message( in draft) to post the reply, so i dont have to type it again. Not a issue which is a major huddle.. in fact i want to thank all Admin/Moderators for the good work the y are doing in maintaining this side with increasing number of user base. thank you guys..
            12\2010 : Diagnosed with NSGCT Stage III
            12\2010: Left I/O
            01\2011: 4 Cycles of BEP (all cleared)
            04\2012: AFP Rising.. 6 Cycles of TIP.
            06\2013: AFP at 18.6 ng\ml..
            08\2015: AFP at 15.0. 6 months regular follow ups.

Comment

I recognized the Contact Us link issue last night and thought I had it resolved but it is still an issue today so I am having someone else take a look at it.

The one or two topic issues, I believe I fixed last night as the view filter after the update was set to "Last Month" instead of "All Time." The filter is in the top right. If you are still noticing that it is only the "Last Month" then please let me know.

As far as the not having access to the other posts, I do not have enough information to give you a good response but if it occurs again please let me know the specifics of what forum or topic you were on and I will have it looked at.

For the alerts, again, let me know what the alert message is that you are receiving and I can have it addressed. I was noticing some server alerts, especially when taking a long time to type my replies but these have seemed to have diminished. I was grateful that once it cleared that my already typed response was still there.

As far as the logging out, I again do not have a good answer. Is this still happening and if so what browser/version are you using?

Again, fixing these issues is a priority and we would have had the platform updated sooner but had issues with the license transfer so we ended up just purchasing a news license.

Thanks Again,
              Mike

Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
              06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
              06.26.06 Left I/O
              06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
              06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
              Surveillance...
              Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
              6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
              X