Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

Look, until there is a double blind, scientific study showing supplements cause TC, I will not be convinced. Period.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• JohanusEU
      • Aug 2014

Profion, quick question... You are in remission and I believe you are back in the gym working as before same as I do. Do you still take supplements ?
      07 Aug 2014 - USG showed 5mm mass, bHCG: 6,45 AFP: 4,58
      08 Aug 2014 - left I/O surgery - NSGCT (70% Mature Teratoma, 30% Embryonal Carcinoma), pT1N0M0, no LVI invasion
      22 Aug 2014 - Markers after I/O: bHCG: 0,05 AFP: 3,40 - CT scan negative
      --- on surveillance ---

20 Oct 2014 - bHCG: 30 AFP: 8
      04 Nov 2014 -bHCG: 270 (!) AFP: 26, CT shown 2,5 x 1,5 cm para-aortic lymph node
      --- recurrence confirmed ---
      12 Nov 2014 - MRI of brain - clear, re-staged to IIB,
      3x BEP started, changed to 4x BEP
      08 Jan 2015 3x BEP finished (bHCG: <0,1 AFP: 4,88), 4th cycle cancelled
      21 Jan 2015 CT scan clear - para-aortic lymph node shrunk to 0,6 x 0,4 cm

--- on surveillance ---
      [2015 - all clear]
      [July 2016 bHCG:<0,1 AFP:3,24, MRI scan clear]

Comment

• Profion
        • Jun 2014

I am back in the gym! Ive surpassed my strength in many exercises talking about 220kg deadlift, 190kg squat and some other smaller exercises. I fear the use of supplements, as there is no way i should have become sick otherwise.. I was a healthy motherfuker, or so i thought... My diet was not rich in true vitamins-minerals and my meat consumption was way to high! Remember that even the meat we eat today has antibiotics, steroids, and chemicals in it.

- No i dont use any supplements as I am quite sure that this is the reason for my TC. I had TC for 7months due to miss-diagnosis but I knew it had it, wich lead me to research antioxidants and other herbs such as graviola, beetroot, cbd n so on... When they diagnosed me they thought it would have spread to aggresive states, my markers were increadible low "300" for 7months. I was cured after 2days of chemo but had to finish the intire 3weeks... wich wrecked me

I am still fighting against this fatigue, tiredness, loss of focus that sometimes just arrieves! In the beginning I would not be able to drive a car, but it had gotten way better. My body functions perfectly, but my mind and energy just drops to crazy low levels every now and then... I hope this passes.

I should have been a doctor, but the restricked ways of thinking is not my way... Im educated in health, fitness, human movement and mind. And i dont believe JACK **** IS RANDOM. The human body will always try to survive, it is not programmed to kill itself as some people think cancer is... Cancer = Krab in latin and many langauges, this could lead to a conclusion that your body is actually trying to pocket the disease away.. now keep feeding it, and it´ll spread beyound what your body can handle.

Comment

• Profion
          • Jun 2014

Bskiballin3
          Jep USPLABs. I took some of that.

Comment

• Kiwi
            • Jul 2008

I have got in to Protein and Creatine in the last couple of years, well after TC 1 and 2, the protein thing come buy looking for something to stop Jun Cravings after the gym this actually resulted in better gains tat the gym and the Creatine assisted further, and I really only started at the gym for Cardio and to try to loose a few Kilos and to try to hit that last bit of middle fat that was gained as I believe now my low Testosterone for a number of years.

Lots of stuff can be sited for Cancers, and there is research in the area of pre birth development.
            >>>>>>>>>
            TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
            TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• Az09
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Profion View Post
              I am back in the gym! Ive surpassed my strength in many exercises talking about 220kg deadlift, 190kg squat and some other smaller exercises. I fear the use of supplements, as there is no way i should have become sick otherwise.. I was a healthy motherfuker, or so i thought... My diet was not rich in true vitamins-minerals and my meat consumption was way to high! Remember that even the meat we eat today has antibiotics, steroids, and chemicals in it.

- No i dont use any supplements as I am quite sure that this is the reason for my TC. I had TC for 7months due to miss-diagnosis but I knew it had it, wich lead me to research antioxidants and other herbs such as graviola, beetroot, cbd n so on... When they diagnosed me they thought it would have spread to aggresive states, my markers were increadible low "300" for 7months. I was cured after 2days of chemo but had to finish the intire 3weeks... wich wrecked me

I am still fighting against this fatigue, tiredness, loss of focus that sometimes just arrieves! In the beginning I would not be able to drive a car, but it had gotten way better. My body functions perfectly, but my mind and energy just drops to crazy low levels every now and then... I hope this passes.

I should have been a doctor, but the restricked ways of thinking is not my way... Im educated in health, fitness, human movement and mind. And i dont believe JACK **** IS RANDOM. The human body will always try to survive, it is not programmed to kill itself as some people think cancer is... Cancer = Krab in latin and many langauges, this could lead to a conclusion that your body is actually trying to pocket the disease away.. now keep feeding it, and it´ll spread beyound what your body can handle.
              PROFION, i took oxyelite pro aswell in 2010, 2012. TC tumuor found 2014.

Comment

• Bskiballin3
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Az09 View Post

PROFION, i took oxyelite pro aswell in 2010, 2012. TC tumuor found 2014.
                So that's 3 members that all took the same thing at about the same time and got a cancer that is extremely rare to get in the first place. I mean should we be trying to sue someone at this point ?
                Left R/O on 10-9-14. Ct scans all clear.
                Pure Seminoma stage 1a. no vascular invasion.
                surveillance started, with chest x-ray 12-3 , blood work 1-22-14.

Comment

• HouTex
                  • Mar 2010

Science has a very difficult task in charting and understanding effects that are 'statistically significant'. And they miss the call many times. Like green dye in candy causes cancer or was it acne, anyway - no not really says another and larger study. Then there is direct and indirect causality. And looking at one factor of nearly limitless set of factors. So who can say?!?

Example: South Dakota had the most brain cancer deaths at 5.7 per 100,000 people per year. While North Dakota is at the bottom of the list. How is this possible?? Something in the water, air? The corn they grow? No, what they found is that the small states have more of a statistical swing within the data. Happen stance really. A few more people won the cancer lotto in one state than in the other and the sample size made that 'statistically significant'. California and NY and other large states, well the extra lotto winners are hidden with the much larger sample set and not so statistically significant.

Who can say?!?

I just try to eat good things. And my favorite supplement is a craft IPA...
                  Last edited by HouTex; 07-21-15, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Az09
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Bskiballin3 View Post

So that's 3 members that all took the same thing at about the same time and got a cancer that is extremely rare to get in the first place. I mean should we be trying to sue someone at this point ?
                    i would think we should, dont think we will get anything out of it since ofcourse we dont have any scientific fact or claim

Comment

• Profion
                      • Jun 2014

I am up for it, lets have a futher talk private and see if we can do anything. Did supplements cause my ****, oh yeah you bet.....
                      Wich one, im not sure.

Did i use usplabs, jep... usplabs is known to use quite aggresive forms of chems as seen in Jack3d. that **** had some harsh stuff in it.
                      Can you private message me?

Comment

• Casbes
                        • Feb 2015

I have been wondering about the taurine in Red Bull which my son drank like crazy. Taurine is active in the testicles and is given to people with cystic fibrosis, a population with a higher incidence of TC, btw.

Comment

• Cordova719
                          • Feb 2016

I wonder about this too. I never took anything I considered to be "steroids" but I was on plenty of Whey Protein Isolate and a host of other supplements like Creatine Micro-Dosing and some testosterone tribulus. I would cycle off one supplement and go to another. I was just ignorant, putting this stuff into my body without knowing what I was fully pumping into my body on nearly a daily basis for the past 16-17 years. (I'm 33 now and I had been taking muscle building supplements since I was around 16 or 17.)

I'm going to stop taking all muscle building supplements for sure.

It should be safe to continue to take my One-A-Day multi-vitamin with my Kroger Vitamin C, D, and B-12 vitamins right?

I'm going to try to cut down on all the stress I accumulated in my life too. Try to be more easy-going and try not to let too much stress me out.

Comment

• Davepet
                            • Mar 2010

Well, for every one of you who took bodybuilding supplements there are at least 10-20 of us who did not, so supplements are clearly *not* the main reason for TC. Then there is also this:

New research from the Institute of Cancer Research finds that almost 50% of the risk for testicular cancer is inherited - a rate that is far higher than with other cancers.

So a good percentage of us entered this world with a likelihood of developing TC. Does taking supplements help trigger that? Who knows, there are no studies I'm aware of that take both factors into account. The only thing that we can know for sure is that in a generation or two, we will know more than we do now. Wont do anyone here much good at that point, but consider that your data will help future generations understand TC better.

Dave
                            Last edited by Davepet; 03-21-16, 05:04 AM.
                            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• worried_mom
                              • Jul 2015

I often thought of that esp. after reading this thread last summer. My son also took whey protein and possibly also creatine, 1 1/5 years before getting TC, seminoma . My friend's boyfriend (at the time, 39 yrs old) got TC, non seminoma, stage 3. He got TC one year prior to my son (my son and her boyfriend have never met!) he also took supplementments including oxyelite pro. Both are thankfully cured, which will hopefully stay that way.
                              Mother of Son (Son's date of birth: August 1987. Age at diagnosis 27, now 28)

1 July 2015: Son discovered small knot in left testicle, no pain. Waited and observed.
                              10 July 2015: Appointment with urologist. ultrasound: 1.7 cm tumor, blood work: AFP - 1.62 (5.50), bHCG- <0.1 (<2.0), LDH159 U/l (135-225), 2.65 umol/s/l (2.25-3.75) .
                              14 July 2015: Hospital, same diagnosis.
                              15 July: 2015 l/O, Pathology: Stage 1A 100% Seminoma.
                              16 July 2015: CT - Clear
                              October 2015: Blood work - Normal range
                              January 2016: Bloodwork - Normal Range
                              Febuary 2016: CT - Clear

July 2016 - One year clear!!

Active Surveillance recommended by hospital Doctors, His Urologist .
                              Via email by Dr. Nichols and Dr. Einhorn

Comment

• MarkOne
                                • Sep 2015

I favour Dave's thought that there is a strong genetic element to this. I have never taken any supplement apart from a few months worth of glucosamine due to a cartlidge problem. I do know that I had a great aunt who died of disgerminoma which I believe is very closely related to the seminoma that I had. Using my family tree I calculate there is a 25% chance I share half my genetic make up with her.

Comment

Working...
                                X