Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Assist Treatment of BEP during the two weeks off

Hello all

Can anyone advise what is the best strategy during the two weeks after infusions? What is the actually point of the two week break? To allow the body to recover from infusion or to allow the drugs to circulate?

I realise that I am only just starting first cycle and that after cycles 2 and 3 I may be dead to the world and be unable to do anything but rest in bed, but I can't help feeling somewhat 'inert'. I am planning on having moderate morning exercise and some light resistance training on a daily basis and trying to minimise fat and increase protein. Also, I am not into woo woo but there is a mind body connection and I wonder if anyone has had any experience / knows of any studies of visualisation / guided meditation that may help the drugs do what should be doing.

Best wishes
    Spok

If you are getting 3xBEP, there are no weeks "off", you get one infusion of bleo every week of treatment for nine weeks. I'm guessing the break in the E&P is to allow recovery, but do not know for sure.These are powerful drugs, & certainly, they do not want to kill the patient with them.

There is nothing you can do to "help" the drugs work. They just work & do so very well in almost every case, regardless of what you may or may not do. If you feel capable to exercise, it won;t hurt & may help you feel better, I didn't have the energy to do so & still got cured. Eat what sounds good to you.Trying to stick to any sort of diet is foolish during chemo. Many food you think you "should" eat won't go down, so eat what sounds good & deal with the results latter ( chocolate always sounded good to me ;o) ). Getting through nine weeks any way you can is the goal. The drugs will do their thing ( and take their toll) no matter what you do or do not do, so go with the flow as best you can. It will be over quicker than you think.

Dave
    Last edited by Davepet; 07-18-16, 03:42 AM.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Those drugs will do the job no matter what you do. These drugs are powerful!!
      Diagnosed at age 31. Treated in NYC. Now living in Ottawa, ON, Canada.

7/1/2015: felt tiny lump on side of R testicle
      7/30/2015: Ultrasound shows 2 intra-testicular masses.
      7/31/2015: tumor markers normal, CXR clear
      8/5/2015: R orchiectomy
      8/11/2015: Pathology: 1.2 x 1.0 x 1.0 cm, embryonal 80%, seminoma 20%, with LVI and rete testis invasion
      8/14/2015: CT abdomen/pelvis clear, Stage 1b
      8/24/2015: started 1 x BEP

Comment

That's good to know. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X