Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often you visit this forum?

This is my first day here.I posted some posts and nobody answer.I click on who's online,nobody online.Is this forum alive? I don't know where are you from,maybe different time zone.I am from Russia,little town near Belarus border.Maybe you fixed your problems with testicles and left forum,someone maybe dead and left forum,so forum is empty.
    Nice to meet anyone here.
    On left testicle.It was removed.Diagnose: malignant Sertoli–Leydig cell tumour in stage 3.I had mets in lymph,liver and lungs.I had 4xBEP.All cleared after that.Third month in remission.

People are here. I also have had difficulty trying to navigate this site. Try clicking on "Today's posts" or click on "forums" and select "TC Ballroom". You will find plenty of posts.

Forum isn't as active as it was a few years ago (forums in general are less popular than newer forms of social media), but there are still a good number of us checking in every couple of days/weeks.

Some of the biggest threads are very old, however, with members long best to stick to the most recent threads.
      March 2016: Right IO, Stage 3B Embryonal with bulky mass in retroperitoneum
      April-July '16: 4xBEP, AFP ~1800,
      August '16: PC-RPLND --> Only teratoma found
      September '16: Markers negative, ALL CLEAR, Surveillance!

I am in here at least once most days, sometimes I miss a day or two if I'm busy. You do need some patience, 24 -48 hours is pretty normal before getting a response on most forums I frequent. Also keep in mind that not every forum member that might read your post will have an answer for your questions.

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

I check in here most days from the U.K. but if I am busy with work or away on holiday then I can easily go a week without a visit. I read almost all the new posts but only comment on those where I think I can add something worthwhile to the thread, which is probably only 1 in every 25 or less. Given time, someone will answer almost every post, it can just take a few days to be seen by the right person.

I'm here probably once a month. I think people get better and leave. I hope someone was able to answer your questions.
            25yo son diagnosed 7-25-13
            Right I/O 7-31-13
            malignant mixed non-seminnomatous germ cell tumor w/invasion
            85% EC, 10% yolk sac & 5% mature teratoma
            Spread thru lymph nodes & lungs
            Started 3xBEP 08-05-13
            Pre-op AFP & bHCG in the 300's. After surgery rose into the 500's & 700''s.
            10-03-13 markers normal
            10-08-13 last day of chemo.
            Now under the care of Craig Nichols
            10-30-13 cat scan~ lungs are clear ~ one lymph node 1.4 cm
            RPLND 12-19-13~ teratoma found, no live cancer
            12-2014 all clear!
            07-2015 all clear!
            01-2016 all clear!
            07-2016 all clear!
            03-2017 all clear! (scan & bloodwork)