Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I do chemotherapy instead of orchidectomy?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hinear
    started a topic Can I do chemotherapy instead of orchidectomy?

Can I do chemotherapy instead of orchidectomy?

My Right testis has pT1 embryonal carcinoma, I have done orchiectomy.
    However my left testis also have suspicious 6mm lesion with vascularity. Can I do chemotherapy instead of orchiectomy for my left testis?
    Last edited by hinear; 02-06-17, 07:47 AM.

• Davepet
    replied
    Partial I/O is very rare , it would not be worth the risk to me. Taking a frozen section for immediate biopsy might be worth a try, they did that on my #2, but ended up with a full I/O. I would not wait very long to see if it keeps growing, you are risking spread if you wait too long.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• hinear
    replied
    I check from the internet that if the tumor size is 30% of testis and the patient only have 1 testis left.
    He can choose to remove the tumor only. Is that correct?

Since cutting the tumor from the testis has possibility of spreading the cancer. I am not sure if I should take that risk.

Leave a comment:

• RJKD
    replied
    Originally posted by hinear View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

My doctor recommended me to monitor it. Currently it is growing at 1-2mm per 3 weeks.
    Since my right testis was pure EC. I strongly think that the other testis is cancer.

It means that I should do another orchiectomy for the Left testis. Then I can start the chemotherapy for prevention.

Make sure you are watching it! The fact that it's growing is concerning.

Leave a comment:

• hinear
    replied
    Thank you for your reply.

My doctor recommended me to monitor it. Currently it is growing at 1-2mm per 3 weeks.
    Since my right testis was pure EC. I strongly think that the other testis is cancer.

It means that I should do another orchiectomy for the Left testis. Then I can start the chemotherapy for prevention.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Chemotherapy would not be an option. However, a partial orchiectomy, with frozen section biopsy in the operating room may be an option. If it is benign then they put the testicle back and if it is cancerous they would remove the testicle. Another option may be to monitor it with ultrasound if they are not sure it is cancer or not.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• biwi
    replied
    As I understand it, for some reason chemotherapy cannot reach the testicle tissue. So no, I don't think it is an option.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X