X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smarc1214
    • May 2016

10 months post I/O strange nerve effects

I am 66 and had a right I/O ten months ago. I am different that everyone here in that I don't have cancer but my right testicle was damaged and the urologist recommended an I/O. I have had a numb spot under the incision down to my scrotum as well as discomfort when anything touches the area. Most odd is that in the last month just before I ejaculate it feels like someone poured hot water on my right side, inside me. I get this flood of feeling and then after I ejaculate it goes away. Has anyone had this? I think that my nerve difficulties are extended because I am older than most people on this site. I am no stranger to cancer since my wife died from it and I am thankful that I only have to deal with this discomfort.
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

To have a problem show up 9 months after an I/O is extremely rare. I can't even conjure up a guess. You've only got a few years on me, so age is probably not the main issue.

Dave
    Last edited by Davepet; 04-19-17, 05:03 AM.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Dook
      • Jun 2014

Hello,

I have this sensation too. It's in my groin, it doesn't happen all the time. When I talked about it to my Uro, he told me it was the nerves...

But it looks like hot sperm is flowing in your veins.... It's a strange feeling.

Like you it didn't come right after IO, but I can't remember exactly when.

Someone on the forum talked about it too, but I can't find the message....
      Last edited by Dook; 04-19-17, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Dook
        • Jun 2014

Ok I found it :
        http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/forum...is-having-pain

Comment

• iloveanimals
          • Jan 2017

Your doctor is likely right that it's a nerve issue. An I/O can cause damage to the ilioinguinal nerve. Numbness and the area where it's happening is a giveaway sign that it's that. The burning feeling may be a good sign as it can indicate that your nerves are regenerating. Nerves do regenerate more slowly the more advanced in age you are, so improvement is likely -- it just may take a lot longer than younger folks (like me) who have the same issue.

Comment

• smarc1214
            • May 2016

Thanks for your great responses. It really helps to know that I am not alone.

Comment

• eodtech2001
              • Feb 2012

Nerve pain in the groin plain sucks. But the PUR clinic is probably the best option you have at getting relief. Like i said in private message. The prodecure is painful as hell. He chemically burns tissue in that area and then your body repairs the damage. With mine they used a rh growth factor to help restore as much as he could. Fancy term for biologic agent to help your body regrow tissue..etc.
              I was black and blue for about a month after wards and tjey surrounding area too. So if you have it done be prepared to say wth have i done my self. But it will all return to normal.
              Im seeing the pur clinic again in july so they can do the procedure 1 more time to get rid of the pin point pain now that the radiual pain has been tsken care of
              Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
              Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
              Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
              Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
              April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
              May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
              August 7th 2012- BEP complete
              April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
              May 2013 RPLND
              Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
              Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
              Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
              Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
              Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
              Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
              Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
              Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Working...
              X