How cancer awareness events can help cancer patients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DishaAgrawal
    • Jun 2017

How cancer awareness events can help cancer patients?

Surviving Cancer is Just the Start. Help Cancer Survivors Get Life back by participating in Cancer awareness programs and events will really improve the confidence levels and some communities came together to empower and inspire cancer fighters.
  • Nish115
    • Nov 2016

Good thread

Since my diagnosis and treatment i've done a couple things.

Office drinks for my work to raise awareness.
    Football tournament at my school to raise awareness.

Both raising money for MacMillan. And i'm trying to do a summer football tournament for work to do the same thing. Loads of guys I talk to don't have a clue about testicular cancer so good to inform them.
    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
    Pre/o CT Clear
    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
    Borderline stage 2B/3B
    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by DishaAgrawal View Post
      Surviving Cancer is Just the Start. .
      For many, that is as much as they can handle, and is all that should be expected of anyone who has traveled this road.

For those who wish to do more, go for it! Just don't make the rest feel bad because they don't have it in them. Getting to survival takes a lot out of some of us.

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• JoeTheAstronaut
        • Dec 2016

I'm not a big fan of this awareness thing, what's more helpful is supporting people who are already dealing with cancer. And many people on this forum do an amazing job doing just that including Dave, again, thank you!!
        July 2016 - Left I/O
        December 2016 - BEPx3
        All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
        My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
        First Oncologist Visit Checklist
        Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

• Davepet
          • Mar 2010

Promoting awareness is a good thing, don't get me wrong.I can't count how many guys have posted in this forum that said they had no idea TC was even a thing, much less one they needed to look for. However, expecting survivors to become activists is just not realistic. Sure, some will want to help others, but many just want to get cured & never have to think about it again. There is no right or wrong here those that want to help others will & those that don't won't. There is no "right" or "wrong" beyond what feels "right" for you.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
          X