X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lump in empty right area after orchiectomy

I wanted to know aside from the pain and soreness etc; has anyone ever noticed a ball similar to the one on the testicle they removed in another area after the surgery ?? I can tell an almost exact small object but this time to the right of my penis like were my pubes begin and top of the testicle sack trying to explain the best I can as far as location sorry if choice of words or detail not enough has me very worried has been 2,1/2 weeks since my surgery and I barely noticed it by seeing small bump and feeling it. does anyone know about or heard of this?

Or what's the chance some of the cancer was left behind or missed from first surgery

If it's where the offending testicle was, then it's probably a lump of blood post surgery that feels solid. I had it and it has gone away over time. Check in with your urologist though just in case!

Comment

My husband was about a week after when he started feeling a hard lump in the area you are describing. It turned out to be a large seroma, (body fluid build up from fat cells deteriorating, fairly common). It wound up breaking open his incision and has taken roughly 2 months post surgery to heal. Call your surgeons office and let them know, they will normally get you in to check it right away especially if it's red or warm to the touch
      Crystal wife to Jonny (30) diagnosed

1/28/2015: got sick after dirt bike riding, right testicle swelling
      5/2015: saw a dr who said it was torsion but since the swelling "went down" we shouldn't worry
      02/2017: swelling increased tremendously no longer "went down"
      07/24/2017: had realistic dream telling him it was cancer, went to ER, was told it was never torsion and the tumor was cancer
      Afp: 4759
      Hcg: <1
      Ldh: 258
      07/28/2017: right orchiectomy ct scans all clear
      08/04/2017: nonseminoma stage 1 no invasion 40% ec 60% yolk
      08/28/2017: pet-ct and brain ct due to headaches
      Afp: 11.8
      Hcg: <2
      Ldh: 138
      09/06/2017: pet and brain clear
      09/18/2017 afp down to 2.9! Stage 1a
      10/02/2017 1xbep starts