X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried

Hello. I'm a 38 year old male and many years ago, when I was around 21 or so, I found a small lump on my left testicle at the base very near the epididymis. After many visits back and forth to the doctor and being told that it was most likely a cyst, I went for an ultrasound privately. The scan showed that it was a cyst. Over the years I've not experienced much discomfort or but it has got bigger. Just in the last week it's been aching and is around the size of a small pea now I would say. Ive been worrying about it recently and am concerned that it could be something worse. Is it possible for a cyst to turn cancerous? And would anyone suggest another ultrasound?

Thanks for your time.

Sam

Hi Sam,
    I am not a doctor so I can't answer the first question but having just been diagnosed with testicular cancer a week ago, I say don't mess around and go see a doctor and get an ultrasound and ask to do a blood test for tumor markers. That should hopefully help and hopefully confirm it isn't cancer.
    Good luck buddy!
    Doug

Comment

Thanks for your help, Doug. I'm really worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFree View Post
        Thanks for your help, Doug. I'm really worried about it.
        That pretty much answers your question, actually. If you are worried about something unusual, you should see a doc. That is the only way to be safe, and to put your mind at ease.

Dave
        Last edited by Davepet; 10-08-17, 01:59 AM.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
        X