Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time post , no lumps, clear ultrasound, swelling and discomfort in both teste

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time post , no lumps, clear ultrasound, swelling and discomfort in both teste

Hey everyone. Thank goodness for this forum. Thanks to Mike for being the champion of this being up and running.
    I go to get my blood and psa results tomorrow. As mentioned ultrasound for pelvis and abdominal was clear. Both testes feeling achy and heavy, scroll feeling irritated because of weight at times. Antibiotics has not helped.

It's weird, most mornings it's the opposite ie they are really tight and it feels like someone is squeezing them. In the afternoon, it's loose and heavy. I am taking Tylenol when It bothers me too much. No real other symptoms . Maybe a bit in the abdominal, but I think some of that is stress. I am crazy uptight sbout this, so I amsure it's not helping. Not sure if others hsve felt this, I have not seen much on here that sounds the same....
    thanks for reading everyone
    darcy

Hi Darcy,

I am assuming that they did a scrotal ultrasound right and not just an abdominal ultrasound?

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

thanks for asking Mike. Sorry, yes, they did both and both came out clear. Just came from the doctor and my PSA and my blood work for tumor markers came out really good. He does not think its cancer. The only thing he thinks we could check to be sure is a colonoscopy, but because I had one 3 years ago and it was fine, he thinks its highly unlikely it could be the issue ( but he is willing to order it be done). I have one more ultrasound to go for which is for an inungual Hernia. I dont want to get too excited, because they still dont know what it is causing it, which is concerning, but I guess this is the process i.e. identifying what its not ?
      open to any suggestions on what other testing could/should be done.
      thanks !!

Comment

I think ruling out things is a positive. Unfortunately, I am not well versed in issues within the scrotum or testicles outside of testis cancer so I don;t have much to offer. Hopefully, they will get things figured out or the symptoms will resolve for you quickly. Do keep us posted if it ends up being a hernia or if they have a cause.

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Will do, so other than PSA , ultrasound and blood work, there are no other tests for TC? Does TC always have a lump or mass? Thanks again Mike

Comment

A hypoechoic mass on scrotal ultrasound is treated like TC until proven otherwise.

It is possible to have a germ cell tumor outside the testicle -- there are folks on this forum like that. Based on the link below, this is rare. I think it's also possible for the tumor in the testicle to "burn out" (die off) but before doing so , spread to other areas.

Extragonadal germ cell tumors
            http://tcrc.acor.org/egc.html
            Age 31 - Portland, OR
            01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
            13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
            27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
            06DEC16 - CT scan clear
            09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
            03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
            18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Glad your US was negative and hopeful you'll find a benign culprit. But please insist on further imaging to rule out an Extragonadal Germ Cell tumor. Chest CT is mandatory. Blood work to look for tumor markers....also mandatory. AFP, LDH, HCG. These aren't painful or difficult tests and should be a no brainer for your doctor.

Comment

That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you. I will go ask for these right away

Comment

Still feeling I am getting nowhere. I am waiting to see a urologist and get one more ultrasound ( not sure what it's called, but I ts to check for an inguinal hernia?). The part thst is concerning is thst no one seems to have the same symptoms . For example :
                  4 weeks of a combination of extreme tightness in the morning and loose and heavy at night
                  no lumps, but testes feel hard sometimes, but only for a short while, maybe an hour at a time
                  I have had the ultrasound and came back clear
                  blood tests for tumor markers looked good
                  no signs of any obvious swelling, even though I get the tightness and heaviness
                  it's way less uncomfortable when I stand. When I sit at work, I take painkillers sometimes
                  3 weeks of ciproflaxin with no improvement
                  I don't see a urologist until december (Canada)
                  the most concerning part is, I don't see anyone online with these symptoms.
                  any advice or suggestions is very much appreciated
                  thank you
                  darcy

Comment

Working...
                  X