• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    started a topic Testicular Prosthetic Survey

Testicular Prosthetic Survey

Hello All,

Dr. Phillip Pierorazio; Director, Division of Testicular Cancer at the Brady Urological Institute and Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins Hospital; Baltimore, Maryland is looking for participants for a survey that contains questions regarding your history of testicular cancer. Currently, there is a lack of information about patient satisfaction with their treatment, particularly regarding decisions about whether to receive a testicular prosthesis. The goals are to learn more from you and to help us better take care of men in the future.

Participate in the Testicular Prosthetic Survey

The survey is open to those that have and have not received a prosthetic and we hope that you can participate and help pave the road for future survivors.

Mike

• Ann
    replied
    That's what I was thinking Davepet, except I'd skip that kind of drink.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    Originally posted by unotesticulo View Post
    No offense to those who did, but if I was going to have some prosthetic put in my body, I'd have to think for a while which to get. Why get a ball? I already have one of those, y'know? Why not get a boob, for instance? On the side missing a ball. Then I could grow half my hair out, and, and.... okay, probably this line of reasoning ends in divorce. I'm just saying that there are other options, if you're willing to do a whole other surgery.
    No offense, but what are you drinking? I think I may want some ;o)

Leave a comment:

• unotesticulo
    replied
    No offense to those who did, but if I was going to have some prosthetic put in my body, I'd have to think for a while which to get. Why get a ball? I already have one of those, y'know? Why not get a boob, for instance? On the side missing a ball. Then I could grow half my hair out, and, and.... okay, probably this line of reasoning ends in divorce. I'm just saying that there are other options, if you're willing to do a whole other surgery.

Leave a comment:

• unotesticulo
    replied
    I probably would have got the prosthetic if it was offered at the time of the orchiectomy, but they didn't have one lying around at the time, and there's no way I was going to undergo a whole other surgery just to put a rubber ball in my sack.

Leave a comment:

• Ann
    replied
    I'll try to get my son to fill it out. He went with the prosthetic

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Thanks to everyone that has completed it so far. Typically, these types of surveys start with a focus group with a few patients to try to grasp their issues and then apply them to larger groups to see if they are really issues or not. Thus, some questions may not apply to all or seem a bit weird but it is just part of the process in figuring out what can be done to make things better for the next guy.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• SchoolOnHold
    replied
    Originally posted by vpirh View Post
    “Being able to wear pants that are more fitted “ - this question is a very bad taste imho and does not belong on any medical survey. To me it reads like a bad joke.
    I'm not going to pretend to speak to everyone's experience and I'm sure they had some preliminary reason to think it might be a benefit that some experience and prefer. They're probably just trying to get our guinea pig input on it. If it doesn't belong they'll certainty see it in the responses

Leave a comment:

• vpirh
    replied
    “Being able to wear pants that are more fitted “ - this question is a very bad taste imho and does not belong on any medical survey. To me it reads like a bad joke.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    Filled it out best I could, some questions none of the answers were actually accurate.

Leave a comment:

• biwi
    replied
    I filled it out.

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    The Pedi Urologist never even mentioned a prosthetic to Grant. He did fill out the survey already.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X