X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research Participants: On the Testicular Cancer Experience

We have been contacted from researchers at Glasgow Caledonian University, who are looking for research participants that have undergone active treatment for testicular cancer. Below is additional information provided by them. If you are interested, then please reach out to them. Participants are eligible worldwide.

-------

Are you a man who has been affected by a male specific form of cancer?
    If so, we want to hear about your experiences!
    Every year, thousands of men are diagnosed with and treated for prostate, testicular and penile cancer. These forms of cancer unique to men, occur across all ages and impact men in various ways. In order to recognise and tailor the support needs of men affected by these types of cancer a team of researchers at Glasgow Caledonian University are keen to hear from men who have completed treatment and are willing to talk about their experiences.

What’s involved in taking part?
    If you are over the age of 18, have undergone and completed treatment for prostate, testicular or penile cancer and it has been at least six months since your treatment finished, then you may be eligible to take part. Willing participants will take part in a one-to-one interview—a bit like a conversation—we will have some questions about your diagnosis and treatment experience, including difficulties you experienced and how you felt about your communication with healthcare professionals involved in your care. This will be either face-to-face on GCU campus or via telephone with a female researcher and lasting for approx. 1hr. This will be arranged at a date and time that suits you.

What else do I need to know?
    You won’t be eligible to take part if you are under the age of 18, either still undergoing treatment, it has been less than six months since your treatment finished, you have not had active treatment (i.e. you underwent only active surveillance after orchiectomy); or have a current diagnosis of anxiety or depression. Participation is completely voluntary—you don’t have to answer any questions you don’t want to and can opt out anytime. With your permission, the interview will be audio recorded, and afterwards, the interview will be typed up and any names will be changed. Your contributions will form part of a report and may be published in a public article in the hopes of helping improve men’s experiences in the future.
    Who can I contact for further information?
    For more info about taking part, you can write to the researcher for this study – Jemma Byrne via e-mail: jbyrne205@caledonian.ac.uk

------
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.
Working...
X