X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus and COVID-19

If you are looking for information on treatment of testicular cancer during the current coronavirus pandemic and COVID-19, we've created a short living page on our website.

We've included a few links to information that may be advantageous to your physician as well, if they are not a high volume testicular cancer expert.

https://testicularcancersociety.org/...r-and-covid-19

SP has done a lot of work on his blog as well, that can be viewed via the topic:

http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/forum...-and-survivors

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Mike, thank you so much..The applications are very different.You have written that active surveillance can be delayed for 1-2 weeks..Some countries delay 1-2 months.

Comment

Good stuff Mike! I will add these resources to my blog on the next update (this week)!
      StevePake.com | @K2xxSteve on Gab
      (Social Media with actual privacy, cancer support groups, encrypted secure chat & more)

Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
      My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
      C
      ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Originally posted by omerkulum View Post
        Mike, thank you so much..The applications are very different.You have written that active surveillance can be delayed for 1-2 weeks..Some countries delay 1-2 months.

The recommendations were from the panel of concerned international experts. I believe they are saying that if you have a scheduled follow up appointment (i.e. for imaging or blood work) and you have symptoms of coronavirus, that waiting a week or two to get better is not an issue. Individuals and their physicians may choose different time frames.

Mike
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        Surveillance...

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

4/22/2020 Update - We have added additional information on fertility preservation/sperm banking (really only applies to those in the U.S.) to the page: https://testicularcancersociety.org/...r-and-covid-19

Mike
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          Surveillance...

Comment

5/20/20 Update: We added surgical management guidelines from the American College of Surgeons.
            06.26.06 Left I/O
            Surveillance...

Comment

Working...
            X