• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott
    Administrator
    • Jul 2003

2008 LIVESTRONG Challenge

The Lance Armstrong Foundation has announced locations and dates for the 2008 LIVESTRONG Challenge!
    • Portland, OR - June 29
    • Bay Area, CA - July 13
    • Philadelphia, PA - August 24
    • Austin, TX - October 25-26
    By taking the Challenge, you demonstrate your own strength and help the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) unite people to fight cancer.

Registration will open in January 2008.

Founded in 1997 by testicular cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, the LAF believes that in the battle with cancer, unity is strength, knowledge is power, and attitude is everything. From the moment of diagnosis, the Foundation provides the practical information and tools people living with cancer need to live strong. The LAF supports people affected by cancer through research, advocacy, and public health programs.

For more information as it becomes available, visit http://www.livestrongchallenge.org.
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!
  • dadmo
    • Oct 2004

Team LOVEstrong and Philly. Perfect, we're going to attempt to recruit 100 members and have one heck of a weekend.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

• Already Bald
      • Nov 2006

Thanks Scott.
      Do you know if the 2007 web sites will disappear soon?
      Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
      Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
      The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

• Jay68442
        • Jul 2007

Thanks for posting that Scoot. I have been waiting to know the dates so I can start my planning. Philly 2008 100 miles or sag will be picking me up off the road.
        If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan
        If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. ~ Bruce Lee
        Please sponsor me for the 2011 LiveSTRONG Challenge Philadelphia.
        My Blog

Diagonosed 1988. Left I/O - 3 rounds of chemo
        Relasped 1989. RPLND - 3 rounds HDC - Bone Marrow transplant.
        There is Army Strong, There is Live Strong and then there is me. Crazy Strong

Comment

• Fed
          • Dec 2006

Fantastic. I've cleared the space on my schedule on and around August 24. I like it. Lots of travel next year!
          "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
          11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
          12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

• Kev332
            • Oct 2004

Nice, melissa and I plan to do the 5k run,,, unless we happen to get some road bikes..
            Diagnosed 10/03/03
            I/O 10/15/03
            RPLND 1/21/04
            Completed the Boston Marathon 4/19/05
            Completed the Boston Marathon 4/17/06
            Baby Riley born on 3/29/09

2012 Livestrong Challenge Web page

Comment

• Scott
              Administrator
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Kev332
              ...unless we happen to get some road bikes.
              Do it, do it, do it!
              Scott
              right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Fish
                • Sep 2005

Thanks for the info Scott.

I've just put the date into my calendar.
                Fish
                TC1
                Right I/O 4/22/1988
                RPLND 6/20/1988
                TC2
                Left I/O 9/17/2003
                Surveillance

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will; to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

• Jay68442
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Scott
                  Do it, do it, do it!
                  No Pressure.
                  If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan
                  If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. ~ Bruce Lee
                  Please sponsor me for the 2011 LiveSTRONG Challenge Philadelphia.
                  My Blog

Diagonosed 1988. Left I/O - 3 rounds of chemo
                  Relasped 1989. RPLND - 3 rounds HDC - Bone Marrow transplant.
                  There is Army Strong, There is Live Strong and then there is me. Crazy Strong

Comment

• Scott
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jay68442
                    No Pressure.
                    Sometimes subtlety just doesn't seem necessary.
                    Scott

Comment

• Russell's Mom
                      • Sep 2006

Bay area!!!??!! Sharon
                      Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

• Scott
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2003

Yes! Are you in?
                        Scott

Comment

• Russell's Mom
                          • Sep 2006

......uummmmmmm?

My only hesitation is around the time factor/single mom etc. It did catch my attention in a pretty big way, so I can imagine my new possible directions. If I stare at my yellow Livestrong band long enough, the waters part!! Do you know where in the Bay Area? Two others that I know are already interested. Thanks, Sharon

Comment

• Karen
                            • Mar 2006

It's on the calendar!!!! So when do the team sites get created?
                            Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

• Russell's Mom
                              • Sep 2006

.....so what can I say.....I logged off ....went back to work and bammmm. July 13th is Russell's diagnosis date!!! I'm lucky to get my teeth brushed at night!!! Can one team do two races? LOVESTRONG, Sharon

Comment

Working...
                              X