Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amwellman
    replied
    Thanks Fed! I had no idea what that was called! I'm so glad I know now so I can look it up. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Fed
    replied
    Originally posted by amwellman View Post
    So has anyone had an RPLND on their lung also?? I know my husband will have to be cut in 3 places, abdomen and both lungs?? I would love to see pics of that or anyone to give me any information possible.
    An RPLND is a surgery to remove the lymph nodes in the retroperitoneum. Surgeries involving the resections of lung tissue are usually done by thoracotomy.

Leave a comment:

• amwellman
    replied
    So has anyone had an RPLND on their lung also?? I know my husband will have to be cut in 3 places, abdomen and both lungs?? I would love to see pics of that or anyone to give me any information possible.

Leave a comment:

• starjayroman
    replied
    Dadmo and Fed.
    Thank you for your responses and understanding. I haven't cried much but when I do, I do and you almost got the river flowing.

Leave a comment:

• Fed
    replied
    The "what if" speculation boils down to not being able to control what happens. When it comes to medical stuff, it is what it is, and all you can do is take things as they come and manage them accordingly. Something did stand out in your post:
    Originally posted by starjayroman View Post
    What if our son gets TC, he had undesended testicles when he was a baby?
    Cryptorchidism (undescended testicles) does increase the risk of the development of germ cell tumors, but as with all medical statistics, these are odds and not a guarantee that a germ cell tumor will develop. The best you can do for your son is, when the time comes, to educate him on how to do self exams and be aware of everything that goes on with him.

Leave a comment:

• dadmo
    replied
    Everyone one of those what if's is reasonable but just take them one day at a time and you'll be pleasently surprised to see them start to go away.
    Last edited by dadmo; 01-21-09, 12:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• starjayroman
    replied
    Those staples look scary. I worry about the staples not keeping him together when he gets home, I worry about our 10 year old 120 pound boy jumping on him and causing problems. I worry about the complications because he already has been opened up 29 years ago and are they going to open him up in the same spot or do another scar? Are they going to take his kidney? Do I want to see him hooked up to all that crap again but worse then when he was in ICU last time? What about the neck surgery afterwards? What if he has to have the one in his chest come out? What if they find more cancer? Will he need more chemo? What if its all good and the cancer comes back next year, the year after that, the year after that? What if the spinal stenosis paralyzes him? What if they screw up during any of these surgeries? What if he gets TC in the other testicle? What if?? What if?? What if he dies?? What if? The what if's drive me crazy. I don't want to think about them but they are there whether I acknowledge them or not. Sorry for going on, on this thread yet I still worry obsessively, what if? What if our son gets TC, he had undesended testicles when he was a baby? Enough.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    This photo from six days after surgery was sent by e-mail, with a promise for follow-up shots down the road.

I promise I'll get some of these posted on the RPLND page of this website soon. If you're willing to submit more "long after" shots, they'll be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Already Bald
    replied
    Originally posted by starjayroman View Post
    You didn't go home like that did you??
    Yes,
    Star- I did go home with those drains. I hope to have them removed on Tuesday in a post-op clinic visit. Last week I had a VERY RARE RPLND Complication (Hernia)- and what you see is the repair of an incisional hernia. My actual RPLND was more than two years ago.
    It looks a lot worse than it feels, Getting stronger each day. I'll be ready to play Santa again by Christmas!

Don't let the surgery scare you- He will do great provided he has an experienced surgeon, and good nurses during the hospital stay- (This is where you can help- be his advocate in the hospital).

Leave a comment:

• MRMRSU
    replied
    Oh those JP drains bring back some memories! Did you go home with those Joe?

Leave a comment:

• starjayroman
    replied
    Already Bald,
    Thats scary. They do that to everyone who has to get one of these? My man is going to have an RPLND in about a month and he already has a huge scar like the ones shown here from having his appendix removed back in 1980. I loved it, the scar. I have one too from having my spleen taken out at 4 years of age. Still that picture is scary. You didn't go home like that did you??

Leave a comment:

• Already Bald
    replied
    RPLND Hernia Repair Photo

Here is a picture of the repair 4 days post-op.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Moggi
    replied
    So I guess this puts you out of the running for sexiest man alive? Although I'm sure that Majbritt might argue differently.

Glad to hear that everything went well and I hope that this is the last time your family sees the inside of a hospital for a very long time. Surveillances excluded of course.

Leave a comment:

• Already Bald
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs Moggi View Post
    Why do I suddenly have this song running through my head - "I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my navel..."
    Jen,
    The nurses removed the bandage today- I was wondering- I have a big formal dance coming up...
    Do you think I can borrow your diamond studded BELLY BUTTON Jewelry?
    I'm still an inny!

Leave a comment:

• Aegletes
    replied
    I know what you mean, Adrian. I remember going to my first appointment at Sloan-Kettering and was so nervous, having seen some of the RPLND photos and heard the stories. The first thing I asked Dr. Bosl: "Am I going to need an RPLND if I relapse?" Looking back, I must have sounded like such a wimp.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.1.3: Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM cacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('vB_CommonRoutes','node_27_lvl3data','node_27_lvl1data','channelperms_1','node_5250_lvl1data','node_2_lvl1data','node_13_lvl1data','node_2_lvl3data','node_13_lvl3data','node_5250_lvl3data','channelperms_11','channelperms_6','vB_UserPerms107','vBUserRep_107','vBProfileFields','vBAtchmnts_5250','vb_readperms','getSearchResults_0bf637d9dd18c236636d97af72f4f565','vBAtchmnts_117906','vBAtchmnts_117876','vBAtchmnts_117875','vBAtchmnts_117806','vBAtchmnts_117782','vBAtchmnts_117775','vBAtchmnts_117770','vBAtchmnts_117493','vBAtchmnts_110546','vBAtchmnts_110485','vBAtchmnts_110471','vBAtchmnts_110459','vBAtchmnts_110422','vBAtchmnts_110340','vBAtchmnts_110148','node_110148_lvl3data','node_110340_lvl3data','node_110422_lvl3data','node_110459_lvl3data','node_110471_lvl3data','node_110485_lvl3data','node_110546_lvl3data','node_117493_lvl3data','node_117770_lvl3data','node_117775_lvl3data','node in /home/tccancer/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 1253