X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dadmo and Fed.
    Thank you for your responses and understanding. I haven't cried much but when I do, I do and you almost got the river flowing.
    Diagnosed Mixed Germ Cell tumor Carcinoma and classic seminoma StageIIC 6*8cmbulky June 26-08
    Left I/O June 26-08 4*BEP July-08-Sept-08
    Mets to Abdomin/chest,
    Stage III, , 6*8 cm Jul 08
    Markers normalized Nov08, residual tumor 3*2cm in abd. 13mm in chest. Spinal Stenosis,Neuropathy RPLND feb 09
    Found all three: Cancer, teratoma and scar tissue
    10/09 B-HCG up to 39.90, recurrent TC, 2*VIP 12/09, TI started 05/11/2010, stem cell infusion 5/18/2010 day of rebirth
    08/10 all clear

Comment

So has anyone had an RPLND on their lung also?? I know my husband will have to be cut in 3 places, abdomen and both lungs?? I would love to see pics of that or anyone to give me any information possible.

Comment

Originally posted by amwellman View Post
        So has anyone had an RPLND on their lung also?? I know my husband will have to be cut in 3 places, abdomen and both lungs?? I would love to see pics of that or anyone to give me any information possible.
        An RPLND is a surgery to remove the lymph nodes in the retroperitoneum. Surgeries involving the resections of lung tissue are usually done by thoracotomy.
        "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
        11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
        12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Thanks Fed! I had no idea what that was called! I'm so glad I know now so I can look it up. Thank you!

Comment

I'll have to search the web, I know it's not common but I have seen where 1 lung was done along with the RPLND and the second lung was done several weeks later. Just for clarification this is not by any streach the way it's normaly done.
            Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

This one is at the 9 month mark, wow has the time gone by, I saw this thread before I had my surgery and thought- %*%$*$*^.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Andrew Martyn; 01-21-09, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Glad that your recovery has gone well Andrew...those immediate post-surgery pics are quite scary, so it's good for people to know that the battle scar becomes the kind to show off in no time.
                Maria
                *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
                *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
                *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

Jaymo's RPLND scar after five and a half years.
                  Attached Files
                  Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Originally posted by dadmo View Post
                    Jaymo's RPLND scar after five and a half years.
                    That's what I'm talking about!
                    Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
                    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

It's hardly visible at all! Besides, what matters most is that he's healthy and happy. The photo says it all.
                      TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
                      TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

Thanks for posting these pics! they're great to see. i'm only 5 weeks post surgery so these pics are very inspiring!
                        Right I/O June 2009 > 90% Embryonal Carcinoma; 10% Teratoma > Surveillance June - November 2009 > Relapse: November 2009 > 4xEP Jan 2010- March 2010 > Post chemo RPLND April 2010- Biopsy showed mature teratoma > "All clear" since

Comment

My scar

my scar about 3 weeks after surgery

Comment

Somehow missed this thread before my son had his post chemo RPLND in May. Bumping this up in case anyone with upcoming surgery is interested. I'll check with Grant and ask if i can post his scar pics.
                            17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
                            pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
                            pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
                            r/o 12/22/16
                            Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
                            PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                            2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
                            BEP x 3 1/27/17
                            Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                            2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                            Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Didn't see this until now. Not gonna scare folks with my 43 year old scar & associated hernias. It's not pretty. I hope you all are better.

Dave
                              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Glad to see so many of you healed up nicely. I agree with the OP, the pictures that pop up on google are F****** frightening!

Comment

Working...
                                X