• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott
    Administrator
    • Jul 2003

RPLND Photo Request

I don't know how you all react to the RPLND images that show up first in a Google search, but I'd love to put up a page that demonstrates that the scar fades in time.

If you had RPLND surgery a while ago and are willing to submit a photo to be posted on a TC-Cancer.com gallery page, please send it to [email protected]. Ideally, these won't be "still life" pictures, but candid shots showing normal life activities.

Scott
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!
  • Jay68442
    • Jul 2007

Well my scar is about 18 years old so I guess you mean people like me. I will send a pic but I think I would like to drop a few pounds first. I'll get my wife to take a picture tonight but if I look tooooo fat you will have to wait.
    If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan
    If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. ~ Bruce Lee
    Please sponsor me for the 2011 LiveSTRONG Challenge Philadelphia.
    My Blog

Diagonosed 1988. Left I/O - 3 rounds of chemo
    Relasped 1989. RPLND - 3 rounds HDC - Bone Marrow transplant.
    There is Army Strong, There is Live Strong and then there is me. Crazy Strong

Comment

• DianeE
      • Apr 2006

Scott, I'll check with Brian and see if he has any photos from this past summer. I think it's a great idea! The photos I saw on line before Brian had his surgery, scared the heck out of me!

Diane

Comment

• Margaret
        • Jan 2007

I agree...Honey suck in your tummy, I am getting out the camera. I will have a photo soon. You will be surprised how great it looks.
        Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
        Current DVT
        Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

• Russell's Mom
          • Sep 2006

Hi Scott, Russell's scar would not be the ideal photo. There is talk of having it surgically repaired. The wound stayed open for about 5 months, my belief is it was because of the steroids. It is too bad because he had partial open and parital laprascopic. Considering the surgery, the scar size is impressive. If you think you want those details, let me know, I have a photo. I did send his action photo if you want to do anything with that. For now he has a "manly" scar. thanks Sharon
          Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

• Kev332
            • Oct 2004

Scott,

Here's a picture for you.. It was actually 4 years ago last monday that I had my RPLND... The scar has healed nicely.

-Kevin
            Attached Files
            Diagnosed 10/03/03
            I/O 10/15/03
            RPLND 1/21/04
            Completed the Boston Marathon 4/19/05
            Completed the Boston Marathon 4/17/06
            Baby Riley born on 3/29/09

2012 Livestrong Challenge Web page

Comment

• Scott
              Administrator
              • Jul 2003

That's perfect, Kev -- thank you. I'll collect a few and then update our RPLND page. Sharon, thanks for Russell's diving photo, too. I'll find a way to include it!
              Scott
              right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• dadmo
                • Oct 2004

I'll get a picture of Jason's scar. It's a lot like Kev's
                Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

• mstlyn
                  • Jan 2007

I wish everyone on this forum the best.

Gob Bless you all

Tammy
                  Last edited by mstlyn; 01-31-08, 08:50 PM. Reason: pics didnt post

Son Anthony DX 12/11/06
                  L/O 12/20/06 Stage IIIA, 95% EC, 5% Yolk Sac
                  4XEP 1/29-4/6/ 07
                  AFP started increasing3 wks later
                  Residual abdominal mass found on CT
                  RPLND 6/8/07
                  Cancer in pathology-
                  80% mature teratoma, 20% Yolk Sac. --
                  No adjuvent chemo and
                  AFP normalised

July 22, 2010 ---- 3 years all clear!

Comment

• Ampaman
                    • Jun 2007

Here you go Scott,
                    Sloan pic.
                    Attached Files
                    Pure embryonal Carcinoma, orchietomy, rplnd, X-ray/blood markers every 3 months.
                    Pray, Hope and Don't worry.

Comment

• Scott
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2003

Good one, Ampaman. Can you post an "after" shot, too?
                      Scott

Comment

• Ampaman
                        • Jun 2007

Scott I'm working on it my son dropped my digi camera. Another excuse for my wife to get me a pro dslr
                        Pure embryonal Carcinoma, orchietomy, rplnd, X-ray/blood markers every 3 months.
                        Pray, Hope and Don't worry.

Comment

• Karen
                          • Mar 2006

Ampaman,
                          So how much did you have to pay your son to drop the camera on the floor?
                          Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

• Scott
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2003

Any more, or is it time for me to follow through with those already offered?
                            Scott

Comment

• Already Bald
                              • Nov 2006

Scott,
                              Thanks for formatting this file so I can upload it.
                              It's not pretty friends, but this is a shot of my RPLND while I was still at MSKCC. As many of you know, I went on to take 4xEP, and rode in the Philly Challange that year. It just goes to show you that we CAN recover from the RPLND- it was much more frightening leading up to the surgery.

I'll work on getting an updated picture, so you can see how the scar healed up. (Oh, and the hair came back- remember my funny shaving story??)

Joe
                              Attached Files
                              Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
                              Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
                              The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

Working...
                              X