X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combination carboplatin and radiotherapy for stage II seminoma

Using carbo and radiotherapy for stage II has been mentioned on the board, here is the Marsden sponsored study I found on this. They conclude that more work is needed to confirm the findings but so far it looks promising. In my view it's preferable to BEP anyway.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...67814000002401

Purpose: To assess the results of treatment in 33 patients with stage IIA/B seminoma who were treated with carboplatin and radiotherapy (RT) between January 1989 and December 1996.
    100% classical seminoma (I-A, RTI). Surveillance (no adjuvant therapy). 4 years all-clear and hoping for many more.

As member of the seminoma family, I find it very interesting. What's the difference between 2A and 2B ?
    - early Apr/11: something is "wrong" in my righty
    - 16/Apr/11: ultrasound find a mass in it
    - 27/Apr/11: right I/O
    - 29/Apr/11: stadiation CT scan shows "all clear"
    - May/11: pathology: 1 cm Seminoma (90% necrotic), no RT/LV invasion
    - Surveillance....
    - March/13: relapse - para aortic node 1.7 cm, waiting for treatment...

Comment

Originally posted by Nut of Mordor View Post
      What's the difference between 2A and 2B ?
      Stage IIA seminoma means enlarged lymph nodes are smaller than 2 cm; IIB, 2 to 5 cm.
      Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

Working...
      X