Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stem cells used to grow a replacement testicle?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not just yet, but I thought about this thread today, and went ahead and drafted another e-mail to Terri Bowen at Wake-forest Industries of Regen Medicine. Hopefully we'll hear back shortly.
    Dx: 10/4/10
    Blood Results for tumor markers came back Normal.
    Surgery/ Left I/O: 10/26/10
    11/2/10 - Pathology report came in, 100% seminoma with no evidence of cord invasion. 3 foci, 1.1cm, 0.6cm, and 0.3cm.
    11/3/10 - CT scan of Pelvis and Chest is clear, no abnormalities.
    11/18/10- Surveillance
    10/26/11 - All Clear

Comment

Hello everybody.

I'm Omar. I got done with my surgery and chemotherapy a month ago i.e. Dec 2014.

I have been paying close attention to the regenerative medicine developments to develop testicles - especially the one on at Wake Forest University under Dr. Atala. I tried to contact them, but got no specific reply except for the one mentioned by FocalPoint.

Here is something really interesting though:
      Two professors from the university have already developed 'testicular tissue organoids' as a part of that very project mentioned above.

Google these two things and check the links out:

Sang Jin Lee testicular tissue organoid

and also

Colin Bishop testicular tissue organoid

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hello,
        I'm french (i'm sorry if my english is not very good), living in Paris, and i am 27. This year, in february, i had an orchidectomy because of a little tumor on the right testicle and the suspicion of a cancer. After all the medicals, it appears that it wasn't a cancer and the tumor was benign. If it was a release to know that i wasn't sick, it's very difficult to accept the idea that i lost a part of myself. The prothesis is really not a good compensation because it is too hard, it does not have a good position, it does not move like an organic piece. In fact, I find it very uncomfortable and also weirdly unnatural in feel. So, i think about that all the time, and i have the impression to feel very often something like a dead weigth in my body which does not belong to me, and when i touch it i don't feel myself in my own body.
        I would write you because i was looking for informations about regenerative medicine. I discovered whith a very great pleasure the possibility of recreating our own organs, and i hope to get back a real testicle and not just a prothesis.

I already wrote to the Wake Forest Institute and i got the same answer than you, i gave all the informations with the hope of being soon contacted. I red your posts and i believed that it was soon possible because some of yours are talking about that since 2011 and it could be near to be real now. At the same time i wrote to a lot of departments of regenerative medicine in Europe or USA. I will share the informations i get and i would like to know if some of them have good news concerning this question.

Thank you very much

Comment

This would be great but I would think they'd direct stem cell research to the more lethal forms of cancer, etc.. first.
          07/14 : Sonogram found 3 masses on right testicle measuring 2.3x1.8x1.9cm, 1.3x0.7x0.7cm, and 0.6x0.6x0.8cm. Blood markers all fine
          07/20: Right Inguinal Orchiectomy
          07/29 : Pathology report : 4 100% Seminoma tumors, no evidence of Spermatic Cord or Lymphatic Invasion.
          08/11/2015: CT scans all clear, surveillance

Comment

I just followed up with Wake Forest University. I got an email back from Terri B. today and there is not timeline yet for clinical use. She asked for my personal contact information so they can contact me as soon as there are more promising updates sometime in the future. As soon as I hear back from them I'll post it on here guys!!

​Best, ariel

Comment

Imagine this- you lost one testicle by TC and you got stem cells from donor and your testicle re-grown again.But which DNA and sperm are inside it? You than made child and you don't know if that your child or by donor.
              I watched documentary where one ''doctor'' was transplanting goat's testicles to males who had erective dysfunction or who didn't have testicle.That was brrrh so disgusting.
              On left testicle.It was removed.Diagnose: malignant Sertoli–Leydig cell tumour in stage 3.I had mets in lymph,liver and lungs.I had 4xBEP.All cleared after that.Third month in remission.

Comment

I've managed to beat TC twice, I will never give it a third chance. Testicles are not as important as my life.
                Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

This is not directly related to testicles per se as I am more interested in a new kidney and a liver myself. But, my transplant surgeon said this is the best research to date for real organs made of your own cells. It is at least ten years away from human applications. How I wish I could go forward in time to get this...

https://www.jst.go.jp/pr/announce/20130219/index_e.html
                  Jan '11 - Stage IIIc, Mets in lungs and liver, abdo 7*7, pulmonary embolism
                  Right I/O AFP 13,000, bHCG 110, Scrotal Hematoma, IVC Filter
                  4*BEP AFP 20 end of 4*BEP
                  May '11 - RPLND @ Indiana U - inferior vena cava dissected, necrosis, AFP<5
                  Surveillance (blood & X rays) and all clear for 24 months
                  April '13 - AFP 26 , went up to 46 in a week, Negative CT Scan, Ultrasound and head MRI
                  4xTIP - almost normal AFP, but started rising again
                  2 x HDC with Autologous Stem Cell Transplant - AFP almost normal but started rising again
                  Lost kidneys, damaged liver, chirhosis, ascites 2 liters per day, dialysis 3 times per week, disabled
                  2 Lung Wedge Resections -

Comment

Very interesting the article Tarc79. I am very glad of seeing you posting and linking articles. Take care friend
                    22/10/2015: Diagnosis: pure Seminoma hcg 13268/ 20x25 mm mass in my left testicle
                    23/10/2015: Left orchiectomy
                    28/10/2015: TC torax/abdomen/pelvis 3 focal liver lesions (0,7cm, 0,7cm and 1,0cm)
                    18/11/2015: started 4xBEP treatment
                    31/01/2016: finished 4xBEP treatment

Comment

Hello
                      I write again on this page in order to know if there are some news about the researchs in biotechnology and its applications, especially concerning the testicle. It appears in the regenerative medicine project program of the wake forest institute in 2013. I alsco discovered a new method of the university of Ohio very recently in august : the Tissue nanotransfection. A microchip reschedule the stem cells in a part of the body in order to reconstruct a damaged or hurted organ. It seems to work very well with animal and will be tested on men next year.
                      https://medicine.osu.edu/regenerativ...ges/index.aspx

Comment

The following links sound like the most promising solution.
                        It was last year's report. No new report any more.
                        https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-be...-wounded-vets/
                        https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...iers-have-kids

Originally posted by Egon Schiele View Post
                        Hello
                        I write again on this page in order to know if there are some news about the researchs in biotechnology and its applications, especially concerning the testicle. It appears in the regenerative medicine project program of the wake forest institute in 2013. I alsco discovered a new method of the university of Ohio very recently in august : the Tissue nanotransfection. A microchip reschedule the stem cells in a part of the body in order to reconstruct a damaged or hurted organ. It seems to work very well with animal and will be tested on men next year.
                        https://medicine.osu.edu/regenerativ...ges/index.aspx

Comment

Working...
                        X