X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Possible Cure for Cancer?

Could anyone shed some light on this please. Basically a computer programming friend messaged me today on Facebook as he found out I had TC. He said he works for a company as an analyst that have produced a cure for Cancer that they claim is 100% successful. As you can imagine I am skeptical to say the least.

I questioned what this company does, and I asked if this was some herbal product. He said it wasn't and said the company does not sell it's drugs. It research only and the only way you get in is via a clinical trial. He said if I needed to he could get me in for a trial I'd need a referral from my doctor but he could ensure I get a part in the trials.

I am not sure what to make of this. Here is the site http://www.gcmaf.eu/ ... there is a video on there about curing breast cancer. There is also an article about curing cancer, plus other stuff, http://www.gcmaf.eu/gcmaf-science/the-controversy/

What do you make of this?

If the study is accurate it looks pretty good. Small group study but 100% cure rate in even that few of people is a good start. I have a strong sense that those on control (pharm. companies and big business) do not want a cure because they lose BILLIONS of dollars if something like this works and gets out!

I am the type of person who believes they can make a tire for our car to last the life of the car but WHY WOULD they do that? They get us suckers to buy 4 new tires every so ofter at close to $1000 a pop, imagine the lost business/revenue/jobs, etc...

Same with MANY things that are produced. I am sure you will get numerous responses to this claim. But, thanks for posting it!
    March 2012 - I/O Right Testicle (pure Seminoma)
    April 2012 - July 2013 surveillance
    July 12, 2013 LDH 365, Node is in abdomen size = 2.7cm. (treatment needed)
    August 5, 2013 beginning 3xBEP

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jimmiller71

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmerz View Post
      If the study is accurate it looks pretty good. Small group study but 100% cure rate in even that few of people is a good start. I have a strong sense that those on control (pharm. companies and big business) do not want a cure because they lose BILLIONS of dollars if something like this works and gets out!

I am the type of person who believes they can make a tire for our car to last the life of the car but WHY WOULD they do that? They get us suckers to buy 4 new tires every so ofter at close to $1000 a pop, imagine the lost business/revenue/jobs, etc...

Same with MANY things that are produced. I am sure you will get numerous responses to this claim. But, thanks for posting it!
      This needs repeating from another thread: right now, there is no treatment for TC other than surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy that has been vetted. There are people on this site right now who are losing their battle with this disease, and who have tried various clinical trials, sometimes multiple ones. There are researchers with universities etc who are members of this site who devote their careers to finding new treatments that work, with results that are replicable. While it is a novelty to post information on mushrooms and other "treatments," there are tried and true cures for TC. While harsh, they work. This cure was discovered by Dr. Einhorn while trying to save the life of a patient. No big pharma there. No conspiracy.

Ironically, Immunobiotec LTD is big pharma.
      Last edited by hbr777; 08-27-13, 11:41 AM.
      Heidi

Husband - age 51
      10/20/10 - Primary mediastinal seminoma - 10 x 9.3 cm; -HCG = 33 (<2.6); AFP = 3.5 (<9); LDH = 274 (100-200 )
      11/1/10 4X BEP
      12/7/10 End Cycle 2 - -HCG = 2; AFP = 4.6; LDH = 139 ; 4XBEP changed to 3 as tumor now 2.1 x 3.7 cm
      2/15/11 - Post-chemo PET ; residual 8 mm x 2 cm
      6/29/11 - Lung nodules stable or smaller, chest mass continues to shrink & markers all normal
      Surveillance since 6/11

Comment

Originally posted by hbr777 View Post
        This needs repeating from another thread: right now, there is no treatment for TC other than surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy that has been vetted. There are people on this site right now who are losing their battle with this disease, and who have tried various clinical trials, sometimes multiple ones. There are researchers with universities etc who are members of this site who devote their careers to finding new treatments that work, with results that are replicable. While it is a novelty to post information on mushrooms and other "treatments," there are tried and true cures for TC. While harsh, they work. This cure was discovered by Dr. Einhorn while trying to save the life of a patient. No big pharma there. No conspiracy.

Ironically, Immunobiotec LTD is big pharma.
        I know there are people on here who are losing the battle, and this is what angers me even more that very little is being done in research from Governments. It's left to third party researchers, and when something is found no cash is injected by the Government to test these claims further.

Look at Cannabis for goodness sake. I am not talking about smoking petty stupid amounts of THC, I am talking about extracting a syringe full of oil from 14 ounces of weed (street value, over 1000 easily). And there are tried and tested research to show that in some cancers THC can cure. Cancer Research UK acknowledge it for crying out loud. And it boils my blood that people are left with no hope because the Government are not injecting cash into trialing and researching these things. Due to the legal issues with Cannabis people can't even access it, let alone use it. The research behind it is great, if you want me to collate the credible sources, just ask and I will.

I am sorry, I am angry for the people left with no hope. And by God I will make it my mission when I am over this to kick up a stink in the name of these people.

I think it's wrong to assume the only treatment is chemo and radiotherapy. It's harsh to say that, but it's true. Chemotherapy isn't even successful in all cases, neither is radiation. A cure, or better treatment for Cancer, needs to be top priority, and with all these options researchers are finding, nothing is getting done to test them properly. When these options hit the Internet, because they don't have Government backing, or because trials are too expensive for these companies to do themselves, people invalidate the research. Which is wrong. There may be other treatment options out there, I believe there is, but with the price of Chemotherapy so high, it's a huge money spinner. Why should they bother finding cheaper alternatives that could be successful if it puts them out of a job and a home?

You may disagree, you may say people ARE doing research. And I will agree with you, yes they are. The people that are doing research, the people that are trying t find cures, are these people that are putting stuff out there the Government will not even acknowledge.

Sorry, I am angry.
        Last edited by geekman; 08-27-13, 01:14 PM.

Comment

After I picked my jaw up off the floor when you said you expect the "Government" to find a cancer cure, I realized that no way were we from the same countries. I have zero expectation that my government will find a cure for anything. You say it is "left to third party researchers" as if that is a bad thing.

It is not wrong to say that right now for TC, surgery, radiation and chemo are the ways to treat and in 90%+ of the cases, cure it. That is the case with TC.

Have you read the "Emperor of All Maladies?" The oncologist who wrote that biography of cancer (and who won the Pulitzer for his work) painfully concludes that the long history of this need to "cure" all cancers has been mostly for naught. Many cancers are smart and will figure out how to mutate to get around a cure. Cancer is not an alien from another planet to be cured. It is not one thing to be "cured." It is US. OUR cells that have mutated and pushed out normal cells. The author opines that maybe the goal is to treat. I am reducing this way, way, way more than it should be. You might want to read it, at least the last chapter, as it changed the way I think about cancer and treatments in general.

The price of chemo for TC is not high in relation to other chemos. TC chemo is old school, mostly off-patent drugs that are not money makers in any way, shape or form. As a matter of fact, they are such money losers that there are often shortages of them because no pharmaceutical house really wants to make them. So your outrage on that is misplaced as far as TC goes.

My only concern on this thread is that no one reads this down the road and think that there are other viable treatments for TC that they have not been told about by their physicians due to some weird conspiracy. That is not the case.
          Heidi

Husband - age 51
          10/20/10 - Primary mediastinal seminoma - 10 x 9.3 cm; -HCG = 33 (<2.6); AFP = 3.5 (<9); LDH = 274 (100-200 )
          11/1/10 4X BEP
          12/7/10 End Cycle 2 - -HCG = 2; AFP = 4.6; LDH = 139 ; 4XBEP changed to 3 as tumor now 2.1 x 3.7 cm
          2/15/11 - Post-chemo PET ; residual 8 mm x 2 cm
          6/29/11 - Lung nodules stable or smaller, chest mass continues to shrink & markers all normal
          Surveillance since 6/11

Comment

This conversation always gets me laughing, because you cannot roll cancer into one big ball. There are so many different types of cancers, even within TC. these different cell types require different treatment. For example, you can't treat teratoma with chemo; teratoma is cancer, but chemo will do nothing.

To say that some company or entity is preventing any cure, for any type of cancer from coming about is simply ridiculous. As an individual could you imagine the notoriety one would receive if you blew the whistle on the cure? Imagine the scientist who is working behind the scenes you think he doesn't want the world to know his research "cures cancer". Again the previous statement is flawed because one treatment will not cure every kind of cancer just like one antibiotic doesn't treat all kinds of infections.

Here's the bottom line, if there was a safer proven way to treat TC or any cancer. I guarantee 99% of Oncs would tell you to go that route over chemo, surgery, radiation.

Again don't you think if a company could market their tires last the life of the car, everyone would buy those tires. Even if they cost more it would drive the other companies to do the same or better or lose the business. A buddy of mine worked for Michelin tires as a product engineer. I used to give him hell about how I like Good year Assurance tires, anyways, he told me research that he did for getting a 100K mile tire, though boring, it seemed like they want to go even longer just so they can say their tire last longer than any other brand.

Pharma will always make money because there are always new problems with the human body.

The cure rate for TC is over 95% many from surgery alone, "Big Pharma" didn't prevent that.

Find the Funny,

John
            sigpic
            Diagnosed 4/17/08
            Right orchiectomy 4/18/08
            Pure choriocarcinoma; HCG 715,000; lungs, lymphnodes, liver, and random other places
            4X VIP chemo at IU with Dr. Einhorn 4/25/08-7/4/08
            HCG down to 7.2 10/28/08
            HCG back up to 198 12/29/08
            1 X PVB 1/2/09-1/6/09
            2 X HDC w/ stem cell rescue 2/4/09-3/14/09
            Follow-up with Dr. Einhorn 4/22/09
            HCG 1.2
            3 rounds, 21 days, twice daily, VP-16 50mg 4/24/09-7/10/09

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/johncovell

Comment

Originally posted by geekman View Post
              What do you make of this?
              What I make of this is that most of the guys here have testicular cancer, one of the only cancers that can be cured in almost every guy who gets it. If caught early the cure rate is like 98%. Why would anyone with any sense risk trying a treatment that has not undergone extensive double blind studies to prove it works? Testicular cancer already *has* a cure, why risk your life with an unproven treatment?

JMHO,
              Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
                What I make of this is that most of the guys here have testicular cancer, one of the only cancers that can be cured in almost every guy who gets it. If caught early the cure rate is like 98%. Why would anyone with any sense risk trying a treatment that has not undergone extensive double blind studies to prove it works? Testicular cancer already *has* a cure, why risk your life with an unproven treatment?

JMHO,
                Dave

That is exactly Right! For our cancer, with an almost proven cure rate with chemo why try anything else. When I would try something else, when I am terminal and chemo, surgery or radiation aren't going to help me anyway.

As for the tires, IF a company actually made a tire that really never needed changed, they would go out of business, think about it. I have 2 uncles who own tire companies, they sell A LOT of tires everyday, and tires are not cheap.
                March 2012 - I/O Right Testicle (pure Seminoma)
                April 2012 - July 2013 surveillance
                July 12, 2013 LDH 365, Node is in abdomen size = 2.7cm. (treatment needed)
                August 5, 2013 beginning 3xBEP

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jimmiller71

Comment

As for the tires, IF a company actually made a tire that really never needed changed, they would go out of business, think about it. I have 2 uncles who own tire companies, they sell A LOT of tires everyday, and tires are not cheap.
                  You would still sell tires, because to keep cost down auto manufacturers would still put on the 65Km tires and not to mention flat tires custom sized tires for those 22in rims, etc.

I am saying if they could do it they would sell it and mark the price really high. People pay for quality, thats why snap-on is still in business. Cost a lot more than cheap ones, and people pay for it.
                  sigpic
                  Diagnosed 4/17/08
                  Right orchiectomy 4/18/08
                  Pure choriocarcinoma; HCG 715,000; lungs, lymphnodes, liver, and random other places
                  4X VIP chemo at IU with Dr. Einhorn 4/25/08-7/4/08
                  HCG down to 7.2 10/28/08
                  HCG back up to 198 12/29/08
                  1 X PVB 1/2/09-1/6/09
                  2 X HDC w/ stem cell rescue 2/4/09-3/14/09
                  Follow-up with Dr. Einhorn 4/22/09
                  HCG 1.2
                  3 rounds, 21 days, twice daily, VP-16 50mg 4/24/09-7/10/09

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/johncovell

Comment

We can't keep national security secrets like NSA electronic surveillance under wraps, even with the risk of the whislteblower being jailed, or worse. If there were proven cures for cancer, they wouldn't stay secret very long. At my age, believe me, I hope like crazy that a cure comes before I need to deal with more than just TC. The high-brow opinion is that we will never find a "cure" for cancer in the sense that we can now prevent almost all polio, major accomplishments would be economical technology that would help diagnose cancer at earlier stages, and treatments that were less punishing.

If you knew my two sons and their girlfriends, who somehow manage to find nails, potholes, curbs and various other tire-eating hazards fairly regulary, you would understand why tire companies will never go out of business.
                    "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
                    Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

what wonders me about this site u provided is this: https://www.gcmaf.eu/treatment-centre/ , so they claim to have treatment centres, yet on the site there are no addresses of those...

Comment

Working...
                      X