Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Research of Testicular damage mechanism. DHEA involved.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research of Testicular damage mechanism. DHEA involved.

Hello everyone,
    so I need information from people (or doctors) who had 1 testicle damaged or removed.

Because I have this theory that if one testicle is damaged, there could be no LH elevation after some period of time (3 weeks for example), instead of it it body would have another mechanism, namely:

Less Testosterone production ---->Increased Body Fat---------> More Aromatase -------> More Estrogen --------> Decrease of LH in effect body is poorly attempting to increase Testosterone by elevating DHEA.

So my question is to people who had removed/damaged one testicle, how was their DHEA after removal (and how many days after it)??

Thank you in advance for replies and constructive posts on this matter.

Not sure if related at all, but I was a healthy male prior to my bout with cancer and subsequent loss of a testicle. I have had some hairloss, weight fluctuations, and problems with ED since, but shortly after having surgery, I developed Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which may or may not have occurred due to the fluctuations or loss of some testosterone production, and may or may not actually be the cause of the issues above. That said, I have had several tests of my testosterone levels and they've all been normal, with my testosterone being in the 600's for a near 30 year old male. It was around 400 before starting thyroid hormone replacement. I think my free-T was high though which I'm not sure what to think there. I know if it's low you have an issue...
    Dx: 10/4/10
    Blood Results for tumor markers came back Normal.
    Surgery/ Left I/O: 10/26/10
    11/2/10 - Pathology report came in, 100% seminoma with no evidence of cord invasion. 3 foci, 1.1cm, 0.6cm, and 0.3cm.
    11/3/10 - CT scan of Pelvis and Chest is clear, no abnormalities.
    11/18/10- Surveillance
    10/26/11 - All Clear

Comment

So u haven't had DHEA tested?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of, but I get bloods drawn often for thyroid, so I'll try and add that on to the list next time.
        Dx: 10/4/10
        Blood Results for tumor markers came back Normal.
        Surgery/ Left I/O: 10/26/10
        11/2/10 - Pathology report came in, 100% seminoma with no evidence of cord invasion. 3 foci, 1.1cm, 0.6cm, and 0.3cm.
        11/3/10 - CT scan of Pelvis and Chest is clear, no abnormalities.
        11/18/10- Surveillance
        10/26/11 - All Clear

Comment

Working...
        X