Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testicular cancer and cannabis

Hello everybody,

So, i got my right testicle removed 2 weeks ago because of cancer.
    I had no family history of testicular cancer, or no other risks that i know of.

Then i found theses :

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...ncr.24159/full

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...ncr.27554/full

Seems like there is a link between cannabis and testicular cancer, what do you think about it (as many studies about cannabis are BS) ?

My opinion: This doesn't prove or disprove a link. More evidence needs to be provided to demonstrate a causal relationship. Geographic and confounding factors (like diet) should also be evaluated.
    Age 31 - Portland, OR
    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Agree with mcintoda, there could be many environmental factors that go into testes cancer as well as if there was any history of breast cancer on either side of the family genealogy. Did they do Braca tests to see if any of them tested positive for that gene, it doesn't look as though they did.

Comment

Well, Scandinavians like myself aren't exactly known for our high use of cannabis -we're more into coffee, beer and vodka- but my oncologist told me that testicular cancer is more common here than anywhere else in the world. They're still trying to figure out WHY that is, and even though I haven't really looked into it, many seem to think it has to do with the environment and diet.

Please don't tell clickbait sites about it, though, or we'll see thousands of "10 types of food that will give you testicular cancer!" links pop up within a month!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Lurkington View Post
          Well, Scandinavians like myself aren't exactly known for our high use of cannabis -we're more into coffee, beer and vodka- but my oncologist told me that testicular cancer is more common here than anywhere else in the world. They're still trying to figure out WHY that is, and even though I haven't really looked into it, many seem to think it has to do with the environment and diet.

Please don't tell clickbait sites about it, though, or we'll see thousands of "10 types of food that will give you testicular cancer!" links pop up within a month!

I compared the european maps of TC prevalence and cannabis use and yes, they are totally different (for example Spain with high cannabis use have among the lowest incidence of TC and Norway one of the lowest use and the higest incidence of TC)

Comment

I can't find it, but someone posted a link here that said your risk of TC was likely over 50% inherited. There are more studies looking into this, but it seems to me that it is unlikely that any controllable "cause" will ever be discovered. It's just bad luck, guys.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
            X