Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchohol and Testicular Cancer

Hello everyone,

New to the community. I have recently been diagnosed with TC after left orchiectomy. Have CT scan scheduled this week followed by tumor markers.

About a year before going to a doctor I've noticed whenever I drink alchohol (more than 3 or 4 drinks) my left testicle would swell up...however, in the morning when I wake up everything would return to normal. Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms. The internet doesn't seem to have any answers.

Eventually, I went to a doctor because the same swelling occured, only this time there was no alchohol in the picture and the swelling never returned to normal after a week. Everytime prior the swelling seemed to only happen when drinking.

Welcome to the club, and sorry you had to join us!
    I don't know anything about alcohol and testicular swelling, but I'm not a doctor doctor, but I'll keep my ears open on that one.

Good luck with the CT and tumor markers, and let us know how it goes for you!
    Painless lump 5/18/2017
    Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
    Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
    No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

I haven't seen anything about alcohol & testicular swelling either.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X