X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK treatment guidelines in great detail

I'm assuming that this information is available to those outside of the UK. (For those outside of England and Wales, see the post by UKboy below). It lists in great detail the stages of TC right from the start. There are three pages in all and you can navigate to each page from the "more sections in this pathway" button. Clicking on each box in the chart will bring up further information.

See what the doctor sees with Map of Medicine
    The Map of Medicine is used by doctors throughout the NHS to determine the best treatment options for their patients. NHS Choices offers everyone in England exclusive and free access to this cutting-edge internet resource, which lets you see exactly what your doctor sees.

The information in the Map has been approved by the UK's leading clinical experts, is based on the best available clinical evidence, and is continually updated. The link below is to the first page.

http://healthguides.mapofmedicine.co...r_cancer1.html

Jon
    Last edited by jonwil; 11-11-08, 05:27 AM. Reason: Added in message for non-England and Wales users
    Jon
    Left orchiectomy May 2008, AFP 1600, βHCG 200and normal after 5 months (AFP4, βHCG<1)
    Non-Seminoma stage 1 - Under surveillance
    3 years on and still all clear

Originally posted by jonwil View Post
    I'm assuming that this information is available to those outside of the UK.
    Actually, if I click the link, I see:
    Sorry, you may be in a non-licensed area

Access to the Map of Medicine evidence based clinical knowledge system is currently licensed for English and Welsh residents only.
    Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

First, right click and "copy link location" on Jon's link.

Then you can use this UK web proxy:

http://lazyfoo.co.uk/

Then paste the URL into the box on that page and hit the button.

The formatting suffers a little but all the data is there.
      100% classical seminoma (I-A, RTI). Surveillance (no adjuvant therapy). 4 years all-clear and hoping for many more.

Comment

Scott,

I thought that may have been the case but wasn't sure how clever they were being and of course, couldn't try it myself. Still, it looks like Chris has found an alternative way allow you and possibly even those in Scotland and Northern Ireland to access it.

Jon
        Jon
        Left orchiectomy May 2008, AFP 1600, βHCG 200and normal after 5 months (AFP4, βHCG<1)

Comment

Chris' suggestion worked! I had no idea there were so many web proxies...with cool names too! Thanks fo the link Jon, and the proxy, Chris!
          Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Great info, Jon - I'm sure it will be very useful to people here in England and Wales.
            Nick

Embryonal Carcinoma; Seminoma. Marker negative.
            August 2001: Right I/O .
            August - December 2001: Surveillance .
            December 2001: Relapse - Stage III. Mets in lymph nodes and lung.
            December 2001 - March 2002: 3xBEP .
            Complications: Neutropaenic sepsis during cycles 1 & 3. I/V antibiotics and isolation.

March 2012 - Ten years since finishing chemo.

Survivorship Blog is here

Comment

Great info. My wait for NHS was longer than 2 months.
              Why don't we sticky info like this at the top of the page?

Comment

Originally posted by Kourosh W View Post
                Great info. My wait for NHS was longer than 2 months.
                Why don't we sticky info like this at the top of the page?
                Funny you should say that, Kourosh!

http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/showt...1759#post91759
                Nick

Complications: Neutropaenic sepsis during cycles 1 & 3. I/V antibiotics and isolation.

Comment

It's now possible to download this information. I've converted the information into a single PDF file, but can't upload it to this site. I know access to the site outside of the UK is difficult (see work around from Chris) so you can get the file from a site I run here
                  Jon

Comment

Brilliant info. Thanks Jon. OK if I add it to the UK sticky?
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
                      Brilliant info. Thanks Jon. OK if I add it to the UK sticky?
                      By all means Nick. If the pages are updated on the map of medicine site, I'll create updated versions with the same link. Maybe we need a place on the site where we can submit documents like this so that they are a permament fixture. I'll put that in the suggestions thread.
                      Last edited by jonwil; 07-22-09, 02:31 PM. Reason: suggestions thread
                      Jon

Comment

The information on the NHS Choices website has been reviewed and upadted. The new link is:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cancer-...roduction.aspx

It may still be limited to those of us in the UK or maybe even just England. If so, try using the method suggested earlier by Chris (ukboyuk) in this thread - in which case the link to cut and paste is

"www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cancer-of-the-testicle/Pages/Introduction.aspx" (remove the quotes)

The pages have a description of drugs used, etc and my help explain some of the differences between the UK and USA.

Jon
                        Jon

Comment

Working...
                        X