• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation of How Cancer Develops

This page has a simple animation of how Cancer Develops

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/M...ar_cancer.html

Kiwi
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-06-09, 05:49 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

It's a bit oversimplified, but cool nonetheless. My only qualm is the emphasis placed on inherited damaged genes as an underlying cause of cancer. While the narration states correctly that cancer is a disease of deregulated genes, the number of cancers that caused by an inherited genetic mishap is actually quite small (< 10% or so).
    "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
    11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
    12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Originally posted by Fed View Post
      ...the number of cancers that caused by an inherited genetic mishap is actually quite small (< 10% or so).
      I like the video but he is right, it is oversimplified and does not apply well to TC. I plan to blog today about one way TC may occur. This is important b/c it helps one understand "why me?". Of course, TC is not likely the patients "fault" in any way, just random chance events within the cell that led to cancer.

Comment

Working...
      X