Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you guys will have perfect weather for your ride on Sunday! Hope everyone has a safe and fun ride.

Kevin
    Diagnosed 10/03/03
    I/O 10/15/03
    RPLND 1/21/04
    Completed the Boston Marathon 4/19/05
    Completed the Boston Marathon 4/17/06
    Baby Riley born on 3/29/09

2012 Livestrong Challenge Web page

Comment

Looks like great weather and sorry I have to miss it. I will definitely lock in the weekend next year. The team is awesome. Lots of people from Cyclists Combating Cancer. And you've raised over $90k. That's incredible.
      "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
      Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

The weather was excellent and the company outstanding. We heard today that the LIVESTRONG team broke $100,000. This was a terrific start to the season!
        Attached Files
        Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
        right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

Oh, and Alex — even with 32,000 cyclists on the road, Jason and I unexpectedly found Nathan in his LOVEstrong jersey!
          Attached Files
          right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds LIVESTRONG Foundation services for people facing cancer now. Please join me!

Comment

Nathan came into work yesterday morning to tell me just that, Scott. I guess it's a small (cycling) world, after all. I was thinking of all of you as I set out on a ride in the hilly farmland of north-central New Jersey, knowing that you'd have excellent cycling weather int he city. By the way, Nathan probably told you why he was wearing a carrot on his helmet.
            TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
            TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              We heard today that the LIVESTRONG team broke $100,000.
              Wow! By the way, those are great photos with lots of beautiful smiles.
              TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
              TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

What a great ride. Weather, company, route, all perfect.
                Why was Nathan wearing a carrot on his helmet? snack
                If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan
                If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. ~ Bruce Lee
                Please sponsor me for the 2011 LiveSTRONG Challenge Philadelphia.
                My Blog

Diagonosed 1988. Left I/O - 3 rounds of chemo
                Relasped 1989. RPLND - 3 rounds HDC - Bone Marrow transplant.
                There is Army Strong, There is Live Strong and then there is me. Crazy Strong

Comment

Nathan is a member of Hazon, a Jewish environmental group promoting sustainable agriculture and which sponsors bike rides. I think there were a few Hazon members at the ride and they decided to wear carrots in reference to Hazon's mission. Now, if you guys can promise the weather will be just as perfect for next year's ride as it was this year, I'm definitely signing up.

Comment

I didn't see Nathen but I did see other riders with carrots in their helmets.
                    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

2012 5 Boro Bike Tour - Special Offer

If anyone has been thinking about doing this ride but didn't register...

You can join LIVESTRONG for the 5 Boro Bike Tour in New York City on May 6 this year. If you register with a friend by end of day Monday, March 26, the minimum fundraising commitment is only $750 each instead of $1,000.

As a LIVESTRONG VIP team member, your event registration is covered, and you earn:
                      1. A starting position at the front of 32,000 cyclists
                      2. VIP breakfast with the LIVESTRONG team at the starting line in Tribeca
                      3. VIP tent and lunch at the post-ride festival on Staten Island
                      4. Saturday evening LIVESTRONG team dinner
                      5. LIVESTRONG cycling jersey
                      6. Bike tours of NYC's fabulous sights

Raise $1,250 or more, and you also earn an awesome Nike/LIVESTRONG bag.

To learn more and to register, contact Colleen O’Farrell at colleen.ofarrell@livestrong.org.

Comment

I'm Riding May 6, 2012

I won an entry via the lottery for the tour, which is 40 miles though all 5 Boros of New York City. I wanted to see if anybody else from the forum was participating so we might get together. I know there is a Team Livestrong group, but with all my other fundraising commitments won't be able to reach the $1,000 level to be part of that group.

I have heard all the stories about waiting, crowds and accidents since there are about 32,000 riders. But it's on my Bucket List.

I dedicate all of my longer rides to individual cancer warriors. This one is for Patrik http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3262
                        "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
                        Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

Working...
                        X