X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this chemo regimen normal?

SIL saw the oncologist today. Stage llB, one enlarged lymph node, recommending 3X BEP. BUT- I notice all the folks here say 5 days on, 2 weeks off. Sounds like he is saying 5 days, then 3 weeks off. My SIL had the impression it would be 1 round per month. Is that OK? Does it affect his chances of killing everything? Why would he recommend this?
    Last edited by highland850; 09-21-16, 01:15 AM.

3XBEP is a three week schedule times 3, one "long week" of 5 days, & 2 weeks of one day only Bleo delivery. No weeks are "off" completely. In week 4 he starts over with a long week. This regimen is highly successful & well publicized. I suspect he just didn't understand. Also, some docs are not very good communicators, plus it's difficult to absorb everything during a brief office visit. If his doc *is* really proposing anything different, he should be set straight as soon as possible.Is your daughter sitting in on these sessions? If not she should be. It's very helpful to have another set of ears when you are being overwhelmed with information you really don't want to hear.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

thank you. I know my SIL is very good at the "selective hearing", so yes, I made sure my daughter knew to go w/him. They don't really know the schedule-just assumed how it would work by the end date. I will call her and read your post. Thanks so much!!

Comment

It's supposed to be a new treatment every 21 days, so a new treatment every 3 weeks (or every 2 weeks if you don't count the week of chemo).

Yes, it's important for it to be 21 days, delaying it should only be considered if the side effects get too bad.

Comment

Working...
        X