X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saustin0612
    • Jul 2016

Done with Cycle 1...now what

I am doing BEP x 3 chemo for stage 2a non-seminoma 80% embryonal 20% yolk sac cancer. Originally was stage 1a, but in Sept I had 2 para aortic lymph nodes at 1.6 and 1.3 cm seen on CT scan. I am on the 5 day a week plan.

I started BEP Cycle 1 on Sept 26th - BLEO/CIS/ETOP M and CIS/ETOP T-Friday. BLEO again on Monday 3rd and again today on the 10th. Technically, I am finished with cycle 1 treatments.

So far the nausea has not been bad at all. The worst symptoms have been fatigue, headaches, chills (flu like symptoms), severe hear loss and ringing in ears, bone pain from the Nuelasta, and severe indigestion.
    (I am currently taking tramadol, tylenol and claritin for the bone pain. Sucralfate, Ranitidine and mylanta for indigestion - works like magic. Sudafed for my ears - this has helped SOO much!! Anyone who has the ringing problem...try sudafed).

I am curious what is in store for cycle 2? Do the symptoms worsen? Does the nausea get worse? Thanks in advance for any help!!
    May 6 - R/O Left Testicle
    Pathology Report - Mixed Germ Cell Tumor - Non-Seminoma
    80% Embryonal 20% Yolk Sac
    Margin Free, No LVI.
    Tumor Markers - Normal
    Stage 1A - On Surveillance

September CT Scan showed 2 Para-Aortic enlarged lymph nodes measuring 1.6cm and 1.3cm
    Restaged 2A
    9/26 Started BEP x 3
    11/21 Ended BEP x 3
    11/21 On Surveillance Again - Lymph Nodes on post chemotherapy scan were 9mm and are expected to shrink further. Merry Christmas to me!!
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

My experience was that symptoms got a bit more intense with each cycle, and took a bit longer to go away as well.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
    X