X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testicular Cancer Survivorship Summit - Fall 2017

Just wanted to let you all know that TC forum admins Scott Joy and myself, have teamed up with 41 year TC survivor, Ron Bye, to plan a Testicular Cancer Survivorship Summit at a yet to be determined date and location tentatively for the Fall of 2017. Literally nothing has been decided yet, other than that we're developing a summit specifically for testicular cancer fighters and survivors, along with families, loved ones, and medical professionals, and that we're going to make something happen We've already lined up some non-profit sponsors to help with that, and no names or promises yet, but we're going to pull every string we have to try and get some "prominent TC doctors" and perhaps a few TC celebrities to attend. Most likely this will be a Friday through Sunday type of event, there will probably be some keynote speakers, and perhaps some breakout sessions, just like you'd have at a professional or business conference, but solely for Testicular Cancer.

Sound awesome??!?!

If you're interested in attending something like this, please join the Facebook group that's been created to discuss this. We're very much in conceptual and developmental stage with this summit, and would appreciate every bit of feedback that we can get to help shape things.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TCSurvivorSummit/

I'll try to keep tabs on and update this thread periodically. We'll put up a website before long also, so that anybody will be able to see the latest very easily. Feel free to provide feedback or ask any questions here also, or send an email to us at tcsurvivorsummit@gmail.com

Thanks
    Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
    www.stevepake.com
    https://www.facebook.com/yacancerbysteve/
    Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
    My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
    C
    ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

I think that that is a fantastic idea. I would love to attend.

- Matt
    March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
    March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
    6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
    LDH never fully normalized
    Stage: IS
    Watchful Waiting
    May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
    May 12th: started 3xBEP
    Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
    July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
    August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
    September 4th: Port removed
    January 8th 2018: 3.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

We had our first official summit planning committee meeting this past week, and the timeframe will be September/October, and the location will most likely be Denver, as that's a centrally located spot that most everybody in the continental US would be able to get to economically. We're also looking at ways to include UK folks, possibly via videoconference if there was a remote event site there. Zillions of details to sort out, but we're rolling.

We're seeking feedback on the TOPICS people would like to see covered for breakout sessions at the summit. Possibilities are limitless, but might include "scanxiety", dealing with post-cancer mental health issues, post-cancer diet and wellness, meditation techniques, among other things. Let us know, or please join the Facebook group in the first post. Thanks!
      www.stevepake.com
      C
      ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Great work on an interesting initiative. Would be keen to attend, somewhat tougher for me as based out of Hong Kong / Australia.

How are you going with the planning and how many days would this event be?

What numbers are you targeting for attendees?

P.S. I very enjoyed reading some of your blog posts. Dee

Comment

Hi Dee, we're planning this as a Friday through Sunday type of event, with a late afternoon or evening Friday opening keynote to allow time for travel, the bulk of events being on the Saturday, and then some closing things on Sunday. We have no idea how many people will come, but we're working on getting some great speakers lined up which will help with the draw.
          www.stevepake.com
          C
          ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Working...
          X