X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro (2B seminoma undergoing 4xEP)

Hi! wanted to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum. it has been very helpful hearing about others' treatment experiences; i feel better prepared for what's to come. Hopefully i can repay the favor. To that end, my background:

Mid 30s male recently diagnosed with stage 2B 100% seminoma. No elevated markers at any point. Currently undergoing 4xEP. My first cycle has mapped with what I've heard from others where it was very manageable. No nausea, mild fatigue that pops up seemingly at random. The worst part of it was a case of persistent hiccups (24 hours non-stop) that lasted until the final day of the treatment week. Hopefully there won't be much incremental to report from here but hopefully i can help answer any questions people might have. Hopefully everyone has a happy and healthy 2017 (and beyond)

Sorry to have to welcome you here, but glad you found us.

Hiccups ave been reported here before, but don't seem to be bee all that common. I believe there may be some med that can be prescribed to help be sure to ask your doc if it happen in the future.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

I have had some slight hiccups, I was told it's what comes before nausea. I've heard there's stuff that can deal with it though so make sure to mention it.
      24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
      Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
      Pre/o CT Clear
      Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
      Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
      Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
      Borderline stage 2B/3B
      BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
      CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

thanks for the response. i was prescribed baclofen (30mg / daily) which other than stopping the hiccups for ~30min (same as if i did other remedies like drinking water upside down) didn't really help. was told that i could ramp up the daily dosage if need be. crossing fingers that it doesn't happen again (and for no nausea).

Comment

Working...
        X