X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrograde Party

I find some decent info when I search the forum for conversations about retrograde ejaculation, but no one active on the board (that I know about anyway) who deals with 100% retrograde ejac. I see a lot of posts about people who are afraid of it (and many other possible side effects of RPLND and especially PC-RPLND like me) of it being calmed by people who had RPLND but who didn't have to deal with retrograde, or who had it but regained ejaculatory function, which is great -- it is a rare side effect, and I think all of us would rather come dry than be dead.

However, my suspicion is that a lot of guys who deal with 100% retrograde, permanently, are embarrassed about it. I know I am. And since it's been 14 months since my RPLND I am becoming increasingly convinced that I'm never going to ^^^^^^^ again. So I just wanted to put this out there: I'm doing okay with it, sex life is pretty great right now, but I deal with some psychological damage from this. I hate it, philosophically -- this idea that I now need cryogenics and/or a centrifuge to father a child, or that despite otherwise normal function and great satisfying feelings same as always, sex has a different ending than it used to. If you're dealing with this and feel up to it, reply here. I'm sure we won't be the only two people on here who have things to say about it. And beyond this silly (but let's be honest, really comforting) group therapy aspect, we should all be prepared for the eventuality that new research might discover as-yet-unknown treatments to help guys like us, and we'll find out about it faster if we are around to keep each other informed.
    JAN.2015- mild pain/swelling in RT, spread to abd., GP misdiagnosed as orchitis. (SEE A UROLOGIST, GUYS!)
    JUN27- Diagnosed
    JUN28- AFP ~250, bHCG ~90, LDH ~1.6x
    JUL01- Right orch.; 4x3 cm tumor, 90% EC, 10% yolk), CT shows 2.8cm met in abdom. + smallish mediastinum mets including one 7mm; staged III-A
    JUL06- 3xBEP start
    JUL07- AFP ~225, bHCG ~110, LDH ~2.3x, LDH qualifies as stage III-B, upped to 4xBEP
    JUL28- AFP ~25, bHCG ~15, LDH normal
    AUG17- AFP, bHCG, LDH normalized by 3rd cycle
    SEP21- 4xBEP done, no complications; a few +2cm masses remain in retroperitoneum
    DEC02- RPLND, necrosis + bit of mat. tera., retrograde
    JAN. 2016- Surveillance, exercise, working, SIGUE!
    NOV. 2017- Retrograde improves. Still not normal but better.
    FEB. 2018- 26 MONTHS ALL CLEAR.

I've been totally retro since my RPLND at age 20. Didn't worry me or slow me down at all. I had my fair share of partners before settling down in my early 30,s. It didn't seem to bother any of them, I even had one that thought it was a plus. One advantage: it's a lot less messy.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
    X