• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCDreamer
    • Nov 2016

Hello (Plus Question)!

Hello,

I am OCDreamer and I am currently a 24-year-old university student from Orange County, California. Anyway, while I don't have testicular cancer, I was told that I am still welcome here due to my interest in orchiectomy. Indeed, my interest in orchiectomy stems from an extreme hostility towards the current child support laws (both due to their extremeness and due to their inconsistency in actually caring for the best interests of children!); to elaborate on this, if I cannot get my entire reproductive tubing (entire epididymis plus entire vas deferens surgically removed; after all, vasectomies can and sometimes do fail and vasectomy failure certainly isn't an acceptable excuse to avoid paying child support afterwards), I will certainly be compelled to get an orchiectomy--in a "back-alley" if necessary!

Anyway, I was wondering--exactly which surgery is worse, in your honest opinion: a total removal of the entire epididymis plus entire vas deferens (if such surgery is actually possible, that is) or an orchiectomy? Completely serious question, for the record.

Also, before I forget, I would like to say thank you for approving my account here; indeed, I will be careful in regards to my posting here given that the main subject of this forum--specifically testicular cancer--doesn't personally apply to me. However, in spite of this, I will certainly nevertheless try to contribute here whenever and wherever I can!
  • MarkOne
    • Sep 2015

Am I missing something? You are talking about removing your testicles as a form of contraception? If you could find a doctor to do a bilateral orchiectomy as a form of contraception (which I seriously don't advise) then you would need testosterone replacement therapy for the rest of your days. That has some pretty serious financial, emotional and physical costs. That's aside from the possibility that your circumstances may change and you may want kids 20 years down the road however much you want to avoid being a father right now.

Comment

• OCDreamer
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by MarkOne View Post
      Am I missing something? You are talking about removing your testicles as a form of contraception? If you could find a doctor to do a bilateral orchiectomy as a form of contraception (which I seriously don't advise) then you would need testosterone replacement therapy for the rest of your days. That has some pretty serious financial, emotional and physical costs. That's aside from the possibility that your circumstances may change and you may want kids 20 years down the road however much you want to avoid being a father right now.
      Yes, I am well-aware of the issues which come with a lifetime of HRT; indeed, this is why exactly I offered an alternative surgery proposal here (specifically getting my entire epididymis plus my entire vas deferens surgically removed).

Now, do you think that I would actually be able to find some doctor who will agree to this alternative surgery proposal? (In regards to orchiectomy, I am more optimistic about this due to the fact that preventing aspiring eunuchs from getting orchiectomies in a safe, medical setting causes some of them to seek orchiectomies in a "back-alley" instead.) Basically, if I can get my entire reproductive tubing surgically removed (at a relatively reasonable price of course), I can back off from my desire for an orchiectomy; after all, I would prefer to get my entire reproductive tubing surgically removed than to get my testicles surgically removed.

Also, as for me changing my mind in regards to this, I would like to point out that, if I'll be deemed a qualified adoptive parent, I would like--in the very far future--to adopt one or two girls. Basically, I really don't have the desire to pass my genes forward (both because I'm not very attached to my genes/reproduction and because my genes aren't exactly the best ones). Thus, in a practical sense, I certainly don't need to worry about changing my mind; plus, if anything, there is always testicular sperm extraction plus IVF (which is good because, if I will actually start wanting to reproduce naturally, I will want to do embryonic sex-selection to get one or two girls).

Comment

• OCDreamer
        • Nov 2016

Also, what do you think is worse (for me/myself)--getting an orchiectomy and taking HRT for the rest of my life afterwards or--if possible--getting both my entire epididymis and my entire vas deferens--all of the way up to my prostate--surgically removed?

Comment

• Davepet
          • Mar 2010

I have never heard of that surgery being available. To the best of my knowlege, vasectomies don't really fail all that often.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• OCDreamer
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
            I have never heard of that surgery being available. To the best of my knowlege, vasectomies don't really fail all that often.

Dave
            To be fair, though, I don't think that anyone has ever asked for such surgery on an elective basis.

As for vasectomies, even one vasectomy failure is too much for me; after all, vasectomy failure can certainly result in 18+ years' worth of forced child support payments--something that is certainly *extremely* unacceptable for me to the point that even chopping off my testicles is a whopping 1,000 times better than this! (Also, please, there is absolutely no need for moralistic shaming considering that the state/government already doesn't consistently care for the best interests of children; after all, if it did, custodial parents who aren't on welfare would be legally *required* to seek child support!)

Comment

• Davepet
              • Mar 2010

If you don't want kids.,don't have sex, simple, over dead & done.
              Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• HouTex
                • Mar 2010

This makes no sense to me.

Birth control rate considerations; and note that there are two sides to the coital transaction:
                • Vasectomy failure is 0.15%
                • Condom failure is 3.3% to 19.1%. And with care and new condoms every month one would could be to the low end.
                • Female birth control from pills to implant failure rate is 9% to 0.05%
                • Woman’s fertility window of about 6 days in 30: 20%
                • Voluntary double ‘O’: 100% chance of lifetime testosterone maintenance: 100%, with testosterone maintenance and its medical challenges - for maybe 61 years if you live 85.
                Cost of double ‘O’, and no insurance will cover it: $30,000 out of pocket for alley work? (Hospital/insured cost of double ‘O’ would be like $60k?!?)

Cost of 61 years of testosterone maintenance: ??

Consider all of this measured against your emotional reaction to child support laws. It is emotional because objectively you can ‘hugely’ mitigate your risk by being careful. Cut off my boy's because I don't like some laws?!?

And of course, the five finger solution is completely, absolutely, without a doubt so long as a woman is not in the same room: 100% without risk for pregnancy.

Comment

• OCDreamer
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by HouTex View Post
                  This makes no sense to me.

Birth control rate considerations; and note that there are two sides to the coital transaction:
                  • Vasectomy failure is 0.15%
                  • Yes--in other words, one failure out of several hundred cases; indeed, I suspect that this percentage would be much lower--perhaps even zero--if the entire epididymis plus entire vas deferens was surgically removed.

• Condom failure is 3.3% to 19.1%. And with care and new condoms every month one would could be to the low end.
                  I myself always prefer to use the high number for this due to my ability to screw up, though.

• Female birth control from pills to implant failure rate is 9% to 0.05%
                Women might not always be eager to take birth control, though; after all, don't some--if not many--forms of female birth control have negative effects on some--if not many--women?

• Woman’s fertility window of about 6 days in 30: 20%
              • Can't semen trigger ovulation in women, though?

• Voluntary double ‘O’: 100% chance of lifetime testosterone maintenance: 100%, with testosterone maintenance and its medical challenges - for maybe 61 years if you live 85.
              • Cost of double ‘O’, and no insurance will cover it: $30,000 out of pocket for alley work? (Hospital/insured cost of double ‘O’ would be like $60k?!?)
                Where exactly are you getting those numbers from? After all, I have heard of an elective orchiectomy with Dr. Mark Arnkoff for something like $3,000 plus travel expenses!

Cost of 61 years of testosterone maintenance: ??
                $15-30 K?

Consider all of this measured against your emotional reaction to child support laws. It is emotional because objectively you can ‘hugely’ mitigate your risk by being careful. Cut off my boy's because I don't like some laws?!?
                If this risk will still come to pass, though, then things will certainly become extremely unpleasant for me!

And of course, the five finger solution is completely, absolutely, without a doubt so long as a woman is not in the same room: 100% without risk for pregnancy.
                That's certainly no more acceptable to me than it is to pro-choice cis-women, though!

Comment

• OCDreamer
                  • Nov 2016

@Davepet: No offense, but you really do sound like a pro-lifer here!

Comment

• MarkOne
                    • Sep 2015

I don't think being pro-life or pro-choice comes into it. All of us here have lost one or both testicles through cancer, we have experience of what is involved physically and mentally. I think we just all struggle to understand why you would want to remove both your nuts to as a method of contraception .

You yourself have used words like extreme and I think given the statistics for a standard vasectomy failing and the fact that you can mitigate against that too, that is an under estimation of what you are considering.

Comment

• OCDreamer
                      • Nov 2016

What I meant here is that his advice sounds like advice that pro-lifers give to pro-choice cis-women.

Also, in regards to myself, as I have previously said, I have an extremely massive dislike of the current child support laws due to their extremeness and inconsistency and am thus compelled to either get my entire reproductive tubing or my testicles surgically removed in response to these extreme laws. Indeed, please keep in mind that I would prefer to remove my entire reproductive tubing rather than my testicles but will remove my testicles if I can't get my entire reproductive tubing surgically removed.

Also, Yes, extreme child support laws result in extreme measures on my own part; indeed, what exactly is so suprising about that?

Comment

• biwi
                        • Jun 2015

Seems like a much easier option would be to move to a country where you are accepting of the laws and legal environment.
                        6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                        6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                        7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                        7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
                        10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                        10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                        4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                        4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                        10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
                        4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

• Working...
                          X