X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Testiculuar Cancer Story- (VIDEO) + introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Jon, and I'm well on my way to recovering from my T-C orchiectomy that was about two weeks ago. It was a scary scary time. I have a Youtube Travel Channel, and rather then tell my story with words.. I'm going to attach a link to my video where I talk about the lessons learned and my actual story. The video was very tough to film, but I know it's raised a lot of awareness about this topic! I look forward to seeing your replies, and hearing your stories as well.

All the best to everyone, to stay healthy and to keep raising awareness about our struggle.

Hey Jon, nice video and welcome! I'm glad you caught it early, as you say a good prognosis and hopefully now it'll be back to normality for you! Also good on raising awareness!
    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
    Pre/o CT Clear
    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
    Borderline stage 2B/3B
    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

Thanks I hope you stay healthy as well !!

Comment

JON~ Liked your video, very imformative. Glad you are doing well, and that your girlfriend made you seek medical help!!!
        Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
        Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

Hi Jon

Great video, I loved the quote. Welcome to the board and congrats on getting surveillance. I wish you many "All Clears"

Best,
          Daniel

Comment

Thanks Daniel_Eye and Trekga. And I wish you both all clears and health as well !

Comment

Update: They put my story in the New York Post.
              http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/vlogger...ar-cancer-hit/

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story

Comment

JON~ cool article in the NY Post! It is my 17 year old son who has TC. He had 3xBEP, and than RNPLD 11 days ago.
                  Son Grant
                  dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                  Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                  2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                  Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
                  Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

Hi Jon! My son is newly diagnosed, 3 days post-op. Our close family & friends know, but otherwise we've been keeping rather quiet about it so far but do plan to work to raise awareness after we come out on the otherside. I did share your video on my facebook profile today and asked my FB friends to do the same, they may not all be aware of our battle, but I want them to start talking to the boys & men in their lives now! Thanks for sharing your story!
                    Mom to Zachary - dx. at the age of 15 - Stage IIIC mixed germ cell
                    5.10.17 - Initial diagnosis
                    Baseline markers: BhCG: 43,882 AFP: 138 LDH: 328

5.16.17 - Left Radical orchiectomy (total tumor size 7x5x4cm)
                    5.31.17 - CT Scan showed mets to retroperitoneal LNs (5.7x6.4x9.4cm, 1.7x2.6x3.5cm, 3.1x4.5x6.1cm)
                    PATH: Mixed germ cell (75% teratoma, 15% embryonal ca, 8% yolk sac tumor, & 2% trophoblastic tumor) Spermatic cord margin, neg. Germ cell neoplasia in situ present.

Post-op markers: BhCG: 73,837 AFP: 38 LDH: 412

BEP#1 6.9.17 BhCG:77,721, AFP 34
                    BEP#2 7.3.17 BhCG: 210, AFP: 6
                    BEP#3 7.24.17 BhCG: 19 AFP: 3
                    BEP#4 8.14.17 BhCG: 4.59 AFP: 5

8.28.17 BhCG 2.46, AFP 6
                    9.7.17 BhCG 1.78, AFP 3

RPLND 9.14.17 - path report showed 100% teratoma in nodes removed! ALL CLEAR!

Comment

Working...
                    X