Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcalandrelli
    • Apr 2017

I've noticed for most the first cycle is the easiest, but my worst cycle was my first. Each cycle had different side effects and the most unpleasant came cycle 1. Each cycle hit me though, but you may get lucky and get the worst over with early.
    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 6/08/23 All clears up to here! 6 years all clear! Son born September 2022, conceived naturally!

Comment

• Jacob
      • Sep 2013

Waiting to start day 3.

So far so good. Slept well last night and feel refreshed. No nausea yet so keeping fingers crossed.

Would be nice if I can feel this way through all cycles.

Thanks for all the great advice

Comment

• TC Mom
        • May 2017

My son is in his 2nd of 4 cycles and this one has been much harder on him than the last. He breezed through the first with only some moderate nausea, well controlled with meds, on days 3-8. After that he was perfectly fine. For cycle 2 he pretty much slept through days 4 & 5 and he's just now starting to feel some better on day 10. He's barely eaten in a week. But it seems everyone is different. Enjoy these good days, but just be prepared that it may not go as well next time - but we can hope.
        Mom to Zachary - dx. at the age of 15 - Stage IIIC mixed germ cell
        5.10.17 - Initial diagnosis
        Baseline markers: BhCG: 43,882 AFP: 138 LDH: 328

5.16.17 - Left Radical orchiectomy (total tumor size 7x5x4cm)
        5.31.17 - CT Scan showed mets to retroperitoneal LNs (5.7x6.4x9.4cm, 1.7x2.6x3.5cm, 3.1x4.5x6.1cm)
        PATH: Mixed germ cell (75% teratoma, 15% embryonal ca, 8% yolk sac tumor, & 2% trophoblastic tumor) Spermatic cord margin, neg. Germ cell neoplasia in situ present.

Post-op markers: BhCG: 73,837 AFP: 38 LDH: 412

BEP#1 6.9.17 BhCG:77,721, AFP 34
        BEP#2 7.3.17 BhCG: 210, AFP: 6
        BEP#3 7.24.17 BhCG: 19 AFP: 3
        BEP#4 8.14.17 BhCG: 4.59 AFP: 5

8.28.17 BhCG 2.46, AFP 6
        9.7.17 BhCG 1.78, AFP 3

RPLND 9.14.17 - path report showed 100% teratoma in nodes removed! ALL CLEAR!

Comment

• Jacob
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by TC Mom View Post
          My son is in his 2nd of 4 cycles and this one has been much harder on him than the last. He breezed through the first with only some moderate nausea, well controlled with meds, on days 3-8. After that he was perfectly fine. For cycle 2 he pretty much slept through days 4 & 5 and he's just now starting to feel some better on day 10. He's barely eaten in a week. But it seems everyone is different. Enjoy these good days, but just be prepared that it may not go as well next time - but we can hope.
          I am preparing for the worst and taking it one day at a time.
          Savoring each day I make it through with minimal side effects

Comment

• Ykspalli
            • Apr 2017

I didn't have a line installed, didn't even have the option for that. At the end of 3rd BEP-cycle it was hard finding veins and had to call anesthetic doc to install the IV during the last half of the last long week and the bleo-drops. I still have a sore and hard vein on my left hand after almost 2 months. Every time I think of a needle or IV-thingy I get an uncomfortable physical feeling and a sensation of veins going deeper into my body.
            Physically the whole chemo was surprisingly easy, mental side was another story.
            Edit: Oh, and I got a temporary hearing loss and some pretty annoying tinnitus but either I've got used to it or it's gone completely.
            I hope you have smooth sailing!

Comment

• Trekga
              • Jan 2017

JACOB: Glad you are doing okay.
              Son Grant
              dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
              Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
              2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
              Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
              X