X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspiring eunuch

Hi everyone, my name is Travis, I'm 33 years old and I currently have one testicle after losing the other to torsion as a child. First I'd like to say that my heart goes out to every one of u and I truly respect the courage it takes to face these circumstances. My story is different, in that for most of my adult life, I've had an overwhelming urge to have my remaining testicle removed voluntarily. It's not something I think most people would understand, but I've accepted that it's what I want for my life. I very much want to remain masculine and retain sexual functioning after castration. I decided to join this site to learn more about what life is like post-orchiectomy and how to handle the challenges that come with it. I often wish I could trade places with one of u so that I could carry that burden for u. None of u should have to experience this if not by choice, but know that there are those of us who have much admiration for the life u are now living. I will be keeping u all in my prayers and I want to thank u for ur bravery and for sharing ur experiences on this forum.

Greetings,

Thanks for joining and sharing. When I first having symptoms I thought (was hoping in a way) that it was testicular torsion. Were you old enough to remember the experience?
    Age 31 - Portland, OR
    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

No I believe I was an infant when it happened so having one ball is all I've ever known. I didn't even realize anything was missing until puberty when my parents told me.

Comment

Working...
      X