X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Clot Restrictions

Hey there friends. My son has a large blood clot in his heart by his port. He's on 2x day injections but has NO restricted activity! Does this seem right? He's feeling better with each passing day and just sent me a pic of him on top of a mountain!!!! I know it's common but should he really be hiking?

Can’t speak much on locations, but I had clots in my arm from a picc line and didn’t have restrictions. The doctor referred to them as “wussy clots” so I wasn’t too worried.
    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop! 3/19/18 All clear!

Comment

I'm confused, my port catheter was in my jugular vein in my neck, I too had a clot near the end of the port (it did not impede the port's effectiveness ) & was on thinners for several months. I was not told to avoid anything. I don't understand how he developed a clot in his heart from the port catheter?

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

His port is in his chest, directly over the heart. The clot is in the vein, in the heart.

Comment

I know Grant had clots in his port, but he was not restricted.
          Son Grant
          dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
          Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
          2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
          Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

I'm unaware of activity restrictions while on thinners. Might be worth researching any supplements & or foods that might need to be avoided, depending on what meds he's taking. Some thinners don't play well.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
            X