Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad was diagnosed, looking for some support...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad was diagnosed, looking for some support...

Hello all of you lovely warriors!

My name is Simone and I'm so excited to find this great forum! I'd love to connect with anyone who went through this bad part of life and hopefully, share some experience.
    I am 22y old and my dad was diagnosed with a tc that has pretty much spread everywhere.
    Have you ever had one of those bad dreams where it feels like you are trying to wake yourself up? Sure you did. That's how I feel right now. Like I'm drowning. All of this feels surreal, I'm still pretty much in shock I guess. But at the same time I've never been so scared in my entire life.
    They started a therapy right away. Ugh.
    But, the hope remains, I think. As long as he's alive, we're gonna fight this thing to the end.
    I'm exploring natural solutions, testing them with my dad and we've already found some pretty interesting stuff, so fingers crossed. I'll share my findings and updates here, and hopefully someone will benefit from my findings.
    If anyone here feels compelled to talk to me, please do. I'd love to chat with you.
    Take care and never, ever lose hope!
    Yours truly

Wishing the best for your dad Simone. He'll beat it! Please share your findings. I'm interested in what you come across.

Comment

Hi Simone,
      I just saw your post, and I want to wish the best for you and your dad.
      I'm glad to hear he got into treatment quickly, that's a very good thing!
      And I'm glad he has a daughter as brave and loving as you are.
      From what little I understand, even extensive TC can be essentially cured, so it is very good to hear that they know what it is and are working to treat it.

Hope it is going well for him now, let us know how you are doing, and how we can help.
      Painless lump 5/18/2017
      Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
      Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
      No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Hugs 🤗 to you and your dad.

Comment

So sorry about your dad. Do you know pathology and if there are any elevated tumor markers? Like others have said even advanced cases can sometimes have good cure rates. Do you know where TC has metasized? Deep breath!
          Son Grant
          dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
          Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
          2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
          Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
          X