My dad was diagnosed, looking for some support...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simone22
    • Jan 2018

My dad was diagnosed, looking for some support...

Hello all of you lovely warriors!

My name is Simone and I'm so excited to find this great forum! I'd love to connect with anyone who went through this bad part of life and hopefully, share some experience.
    I am 22y old and my dad was diagnosed with a tc that has pretty much spread everywhere.
    Have you ever had one of those bad dreams where it feels like you are trying to wake yourself up? Sure you did. That's how I feel right now. Like I'm drowning. All of this feels surreal, I'm still pretty much in shock I guess. But at the same time I've never been so scared in my entire life.
    They started a therapy right away. Ugh.
    But, the hope remains, I think. As long as he's alive, we're gonna fight this thing to the end.
    I'm exploring natural solutions, testing them with my dad and we've already found some pretty interesting stuff, so fingers crossed. I'll share my findings and updates here, and hopefully someone will benefit from my findings.
    If anyone here feels compelled to talk to me, please do. I'd love to chat with you.
    Take care and never, ever lose hope!
    Yours truly
  • sanis
    • Sep 2016

Hi Simone,
    sorry to welcome you here. Regardless of where it spread to, your dad has REAL chance to fully recover.
    do you know the tumor specimen? Based on his age (at least 40.. but more like 45-50 ) I would assume he is more likely to develop Seminoma which is extremely (crazily..) sensitive to chemo.

Comment

• sanis
      • Sep 2016

Also, where exactly has it spread to? Are there brain or liver mets too?

Comment

• Trekga
        • Jan 2017

SIMONE~ glad you found this site. Do you know if it was Seminoma, and like others have asked, where did it spread? If lungs, and retroperitoneal area it is highly curable, and still curable if brain and lungs. Keep us updated.
        Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Davepet
          • Mar 2010

simone22,
          Please follow the standard treatment protocols that have been proven to produce 90+% success. If you absolutely feel a need to try "natural solutions", make sure his doc is on board first.

TC is close to 100% curable with existing technology, no point in screwing that up with unproven treatments.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• HouTex
            • Mar 2010

As an older dad I had seminoma. An orchiectomy and radiation 7 years ago and I am here to give my daughters hugs and embarrass them whenever they present me the opportunity.

TC is one of the more curable cancers. Not just remission but cured.

Hugs now are better than they ever were...

Comment

Working...
            X