X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplify Cancer Podcast: Mike Craycraft

I recently had the pleasure to chat with Joe Bakhmoutski, known as JoeTheAstronaut on these forums, on his Simplify Cancer podcast out of Australia. When I was listening to the playback, I realized that it has been quite a while since I have shared my story, what I do and why I do it. I typically don;t share my story that much, not that I mind, but I'm usually too busy doing other things I suppose. Anyway, I figured I would share it along in case you were interested: http://simplifycancer.com/ep003/

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Amazing story Mike. For me the highlight was how you saved this guy's life by referring him to the good doctor in Australia, on the other side of the World from you! Thank you for sharing your story, and thank you once again for keeping the Forum alive. It is vital for people like us.

Comment

Thank you again for ALL you both do to raise awareness about TC. This podcast...I lol at times.

JOESMUM~ how are you and your son doing!
      Son Grant
      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Couldn't listen to it at work but enjoyed reading the text! Thanks for doing this.
        6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
        6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
        7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
        7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
        10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
        10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
        4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
        4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
        3/29/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Mike Thanks for doing what you do.

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words. I am lucky to get to do what I get to do and since being diagnosed almost 12 years ago it has been my pleasure to help others in any way. I'm a lucky fella to get to do so.

Mike
            06.26.06 Left I/O
            06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
            Surveillance...

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Mike, thank you, mate! I also remember that after my first (scared) post here it was you who responded immediately....

Comment

Hi Trekga, good to hear from you and fantastic to hear that Grant is cancer free! We are good. Joe is the one who was talking to Mike and recorded his podcast. You and Grant might find this and other podcasts interesting, on Joe's website Simplify Cancer. Stay in touch!

Comment

JOESMUM~ I did not know that Joe was your Joe...maybe you mentioned last year, but how wonderful!!!! Will need to check out the website, and share with Grant.
                  BTW, Grant had his 90 day tumor markers done yesterday- all good though still waiting for AFP.
                  Son Grant
                  dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                  Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

There's a special place in heaven for you Mike. You've helped so many other people find comfort and answers. Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by MamaAng View Post
                      There's a special place in heaven for you Mike. You've helped so many other people find comfort and answers. Thank you!!
                      Thanks for the kind words MamaAng. Much appreciated.

Mike
                      06.26.06 Left I/O
                      Surveillance...

Comment

Originally posted by sanis View Post
                        Mike, thank you, mate! I also remember that after my first (scared) post here it was you who responded immediately....

Thanks sanis. I am glad I could help even in the littlest of ways.

Mike
                        06.26.06 Left I/O
                        Surveillance...

Comment

Trekga, hope Grant's AFP is also good. Is the girl from the dance still around? Thanks for making the connection. If you and Grant get to look at Joe's website and listen to the other podcasts, let me know what you think...

Comment

JOESMUM~ No the girl from prom is not still around. She graduated High School and moved on to say it nicely. Will let you know.
                            Son Grant
                            dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3

Comment

Hey, lets hope this is for the better. Grant has plenty of time to find reliable girl. Stay in touch. Hope you are feeling good yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X