New guy having I/O in 2 days

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jim! Urgh indeed. Surgery is amazing, but also it sucks while getting through recovery. Good job catching yours early! Sounds like we're on a similar timeline, getting results on the same day. Thanks for your note! Hope you get some positive results!

Thank you too Joe. Hoping for the best!
    Last edited by Andrew82; 03-10-18, 09:21 PM.

Well... As expected, it’s cancer. :-( Glad it’s out of me though! (Or at least the testicular part of it…)

The pathology report says mixed germ cell, 40% embryonal carcinoma, 30% seminoma, 30% teratoma, with necrosis. There were two masses, one 2.5-ish cm, the other 1.5-ish cm. They found focal venous invasion (eesh, that sounds scary), and it also invaded the rete testis and hilar soft tissue, thus making this a pathologic stage pT2.

The staging process continues. I’ll have CT & x-ray sometime in the next two days. At least those tests are easy. I’ll see the uro again on Thursday. Hopefully we’ll find nothing else and I’ll be just a stage 1B...

BTW they weren't kidding when they said the pain meds give you constipation. Good grief. So glad that's over.

Good news. Not sure if im safe to get excited yet....please let me know if i can.....
        Doctor rang today with biopsy results pointing to Leydig tumor. I guess that means I'm in the clear? Further details when I see him in person. I think it will just be some follow up scans. No chemo required!

"No chemo required" sounds great! I've never heard of a Leydig tumor. Hope you have/had a good follow-up appt!

My CT and x-ray are clear! Woohoo!!

Urologist says there's still a 50/50 chance something could crop up during surveillance, so next I'll meet with an oncologist and talk about whether or not to do a couple rounds of chemo to improve those odds.