Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wetro
    started a topic Dark days turn to light in sunny South Africa

Dark days turn to light in sunny South Africa

Greetings all from Sunny SA. Had my orchiedectomy 16 Feb 18. Seminoma. CT booked for 22 March. Why so long you ask? Long story but sometimes Africa is still Dark.
    Hoping for just surveillance or maybe one round of the good stuff. Anyone Looking for guidance in the African cancer bush Safari . Just ask.
    Many thanks for a great forum. Helped me through some long painful nights post removal.

• Mike
    replied
    Congratulations on the NED news. Awesome to hear. Hopefully, you and Torsten have kept in touch and tell him hello as well. Cheers for many many more clear checks as well.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    You can also look into NCCN website for followup information that is very current for TC. National Comprehensive Cancer Network- free to sign up. Again congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    Blood work every 3months. Scans every six months.
    Be strong gents. If i can do it in Africa with no money you boys in the first world can do it too.

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Congrats on all clear!! They will follow up though, right?

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    NED. No Evidence of disease. Thanks for the support gents. on surveillance and considering myself cured. God mas made the sun shine in Africa once again.

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    NED. No Evidence of disease. Thanks for the support gents. on surveillance and considering myself cured. God mas made the sun shine in Africa once again.

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    Sorry Joe. Did not listen and caught a chest invention and middle ear infection and sinusitis at the end of round 3. I am humbled beyond measure and very grateful to be alive. Do not get sick while doing the chemo thing. i Think it is criminal that the oncologist here in SA are not tasked with ensuring a smooth run through chemo. Please gents dont be a hero and take very good care of yourselves through chemo. First scan in July. Considering myself cured.

Leave a comment:

• JoeTheAstronaut
    replied
    You're nearly there, Wetro!! Take care of yourself

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Almost done...hoping your next scan shows no enlarged nodes.

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    Started round3 Ep today. Markers normal. Ct in six weeks. Side effects plenty. Strong like bull. Very emotional day but soon to be NED. Here in South Africa the sun is starting to shine bright again

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    Round 2 of 3 EP done. Chemo sucks. Gonna kick cancers ass.

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    Node 12mm . On back wall of stomach. Thus as lymph system drained away from testis. all markers normal. Got hold of Torsten on morning of chemo at 3:30am. He talked me down.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    How big was your node on the CT scan and where is it do you know? Were your tumor markers negative still?

Glad that you got a hold of Torsten, of I am assuming that you did. If he give you any problems, then you just let me know. Hahahaha. He is a great fella.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Wetro
    replied
    Thanks SP. TC can be a fun ride but here in Africa we can take it to a next level. Give me a great white shark or a Lion anyday but chemo brain makes navigating this urban jungle a wild ride. EP not going bad. lots of fluids and rest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X